Home Forums General Karting Discussion Where to Find 90's Formula A Kart?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike Perrotti
      Participant

Anyone have any idea where i can find a old formula  A kart, always wanted one of these to play around with.

Any ideas….

Thanks

TJ Koyen

I have also been hunting a little bit. It seems to be mostly just checking ebay or the classifieds or talking to folks at the local track and gathering parts and pieces wherever you can.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
      Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
      www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
      www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Walt Gifford
      Participant

What is a formula A kart? I know a guy with a 1990 Dap kart that might sell.

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
      Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
      Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
      41 years karting experience

Mike Perrotti
      Participant

Over in england they seem to have a pretty cool class.  http://www.f100.co.uk

I think maybe our best bet might be getting something from over seas…..or at least the motor.

I always wanted one, they look like so much fun to drive.

Stu Hayner
      Participant

Mike,

I have a couple 100cc rotary valve FA air cooled engines. I also have a water cooled 100cc reed valve. They are all DD.

The speed and sound will blow your socks off and the most fun you can have in a kart. The sound alone will stop people at the track to see what you are driving.

Two years ago, the F100 Series in So Cal planned to offer this class as their top class. It’s still in the plans, but may be a year or two.

In the meantime, I’d be glad to sell you one or two of these engines if your interested. I have some rolling chassis for $500-$1500 I could ship you, but you should be able to find some nice ones in your area.

F100karters.com
      714 305-6123 – cell
      714 928-5278 MDG KARTING
      stuhayner@aol.com

Stu

James McMahon
      Participant

You’ll have more luck finding an “ICA” rather than Formula A in the US. ICA was more popular, based on the same 100cc, direct drive concept with a few provisions depending on the exact years you are looking at. Basically ICA is within 95-98% peformance of an FA motor and still gives the same great driving experience that FA offers with broad powerband, high revs and a light kart.

You might catch an unmolested example on bobs4cycle once in a while.

Otherwise if you are looking importing, on facebook lookup the F100 Buy and Sell group for aircooled and the “proper karting 100cc” group for water.

Prices are starting to creep up though…

Mike Perrotti
      Participant

Thanks James, I’ll check that page out and see what I can find.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.