Home Forums General Karting Discussion What do you know about this kart?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TJ Koyen 5 years ago.

• Author

jeff
    Participant

I bought it a couple years ago from the local track.  I was told that it was professionally driven for a sponsored event at the track then retired(sold to me).  I bought it with the mentality that I would have time a couple weekends a month to get to the track and hot lap it.  Well, I’ve managed to find the time once in the last 2 summers.  Dirt bikes is my passion and that consumes my time along with 4 kids.  When I bought it, I didn’t know a thing about them and  I still don’t know much other than they are a ton of fun.  I would like to sell this to someone who will actually use it.  Can anybody tell me any specifics about this kart?  I have more pics that I can post, just not sure how the forum reacts to too may pics.  Thanks in advance.

Brian Mead
    Participant

Looks like a recent Margay.  I say recent because they’ve been around for ever,  out of St. Louis, good stuff. I believe if you’ve been in the sport for a while you’ve owned/ driven one.

Yamaha can motor, package will last forever, throw a ring at it once in a while, replace clutch linings once in a while, carb kit once in a while.  For sure less broken bones than the dirt bike.

TJ Koyen

Looks like one of Tony Jump’s Margay karts. Perfect for Yamaha, as it’s setup for.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.