Home Forums Audio/Video Section Vintage Karting Assoc – Delmar – 61 Kartway

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shawn Welte
      Participant

Delmar, was a great event, very well attended, perfect weather.  84 Entries I believe was the final count.  Lap times were posted by the track on MyLaps.com.

First video uploaded is from my helmet camera in Dual Rear Engine Class, Race #1.

I was running a pair of 5.3 ci (87cc) fixed head saw motors with single carbs, next smallest displacement was Pete Williams with a Mc101 and Mc91 on his Fox, everyone else I think was running Mc101s with dual carbs, one Nagel may have been running dual 820s.  6 karts competing in the class, all on vintage tires with dry clutches and box mufflers.

Many more videos to follow as I sort through various sideline videos and edit some helmet cam.

Bug - Alley Kat II - McCulloch - Coyote - B&S LO206

Shawn Welte
      Participant

I raced in a second class, the slowest rear engine class, the Mc49.  This a most certainly a momentum style of racing and we had a couple of other modern kart racers join in the action in Brian Jacobsen from Viking Karting and local racer Tony Neilson, along with some of the best vintage karters in the midwest.  Race one from my helmet cam, did not last long as I buried the sprocket in the pavement at the start of the famed toilet bowl.  http://youtu.be/tzIy1_v2ClM

And then I put together a compilation video of the event:

http://youtu.be/a0-6x6CRkU8

Shawn Welte
      Participant

And more:

Dual Rear Race #1:

Mc49 Race #1 from Steve Welte’s Camera:

Mc49 race #1 from the sidelines:

Mc49 Race #2 from Steve’s Cam:

Dual Race #2 from my cam:

Shawn Welte
      Participant

Dual Rear Engine Class Race #3 from my camera:

Mc49 Class Race #3 from my camera, started deep in the field:

Mc49 Class Race #3 from Steve’s Camera

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.