Home Forums Vintage Karting Vintage Enduro (Laydown) Racing – M.I.S.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Colm O’Higgins
      Participant

Karters are advised that Vintage Classes will compete on Saturday and Sunday at the coming Michigan Kart Club’s Roadraces at Michigan International Speedway.  Last year MKC handled 367 entries in fine fashion.   This was the first event MKC had organized (and by themselves, non WKA event) this century.  The weather was gorgeous and the track was super smooth.  This year’s dates are 13, 14 & 15 September 2013.  Friday practice is an extra $100 but pre-entry Fees are only $75 per Class.  Come on out !!

Colm O’Higgins
      Participant

MKC ran a very fine karting event at MIS this past weekend.  Ron Taylor and his crew were on top of things all weekend.

There was only one serious incident and Mike Ronce crashed at Turn ‘2’ while leading in 125 Shifter but will be okay even he is sore and bruised.   Seems to be a freak mechanical failure.  Thanks God.

Entries were down due to a combination of factors but racers are hopeful that there will be a 2014 race.

Michigan International Speedway is truly one of the very best facilities that I have attended either as a spectator or as a racer.

7 Vintage karts raced, even Bob Cole brought his beautiful Quicksilver with 2 Atlas engines ready to go…well almost.  Sounded awesome too!

The entrants were VKA Enduro Honcho Rick Chapman, the colour coordinated Keelie Fritz-Mann (her wines are delicious), class ruler John Copeland (Fox Valley Karts), Mike Novotny (never stopped working), Don Axe (one of the nicest karters ever), Bob Cole (inspirational) and myself.

John Copeland was simply untouchable.  The rest of us enjoyed a close race!

Thanks to Bill & Keelie for the Corsair T80 Open engine I needed to race on Sunday.  Not started in about 20 years it was still fast!  Also a word of appreciation to George “Zoomie” Damanic for his sage advice at the right time.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.