Home Forums General Karting Discussion USAIR Raceway is FOR SALE

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tim Koyen 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Mike Mitchell
    Participant

USAIR Motorsports (formally USAIR  International Raceway) is officially For Sale. Located in Shawano Wisconsin, this facility is easily one of the premier venues in the US for Karting, Motorcycle, and other forms of racing. This property is being sold as a turn key operation. Including  an Amusement park which has  3 rental kart tracks (includes rental karts) , bumper boats, miniature golf, bounce house, food stand, etc.

The racing portion is second to none with with karting, Motocross, drifting cars,  Autocross and PRO Rental Karts to name a few of the venues. The track is highly noted for its changes in elevation with a 5th mile oval and an off road course incorporated in the track layout.

Here is some pretty good footage of the facility.

Mike Mitchell – Wisconsin Licensed Realestate Broker  (715) 524-5379

Lake Drive Solutions
    715-524-5379

TJ Koyen

I really hope this track can continue to operate. It is easily one of the best, if not THE best, layouts in the country. So fun to drive and fantastic for racing.

Someone buy this!

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Bob Vehring
    Participant

Come on Mike, at least give us a hint

Mike Mitchell
    Participant

Bob, the listing price is 3 Mil. I’m guessing that was your question?

Lake Drive Solutions
    715-524-5379

TJ Koyen

We should start a Kickstarter page for it and have the karting community buy it.

Heck, LeVar Burton just raised $1mil for his Kickstarter page in one day to bring back Reading Rainbow.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Bob Vehring
    Participant

That was it mike, I went diggin in the couch, but I’m still a little short

Mark Sink
    Participant

7 minutes of noise?  Maybe should have included some music and someone talking about the details.  You are trying to sell it right? Nice track though.

patrick j slattery
    Participant

3 mil! no wonder it is always up for sale.

Tim Koyen
    Participant

$3Mil..that’s nuts.  It was only $2Mil a few years back, and I thought that included some real estate in town.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Tim Koyen
    Participant

Plus, that place sits idle for 6 mos of the year due to the weather.  Awesome track, terrible location.  Put that track near a major metropolitan area, in the southern half of the country, and its a winner.  As it sits now, it’ll probably get bulldozed eventually to make room for something profitable, like housing.

Years ago, we used to say, make that the property half the size and put it 100 miles south, and it would probably survive.  I think the cult actually considered tearing it down at one time and building a new one in the Fox Valley.  They had so many of their own problems though, that that idea never went anywhere.  When you’re whole business plan is based on free labor, “donations”, and leveraged out mortgages, you’re probably going to fail at whatever you’re attempting.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Mark Dismore Jr.
    Participant

It’s too bad this is not more centrally located, it’s a great track but it’s a little off the beaten path.

James McMahon
    Participant

No idea where they got the $3m figure from. The land isn’t worth it, the location isn’t worth it and the business certainly isn’t. Not to mention the the CIST (or whatever the acronym is) variable.

Dont get me wrong, it’s an absolutely fantastic karting facility, but $3m = not happening. You’d be lucky to get 300K for the kart track alone I would imagine in the current climate.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.