Home Forums Classifieds Classifieds – Engines Two 80cc racing GoKart motors – $975 – SOLD

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Geremy Kornreich 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Geremy Kornreich
    Participant

(Sold as of 8/19/15)

For sale – two 80cc racing go kart motors. Complete motors, in boxes with carbs, pipes, mufflers, etc, included and not attached.

Both go kart motors are 80cc shifter kart motors for high-end competitive go kart racing. Both motors are fresh and there are spare cylinders for both. There are two complete lower ends and one carb/reed block combination (left the carb hooked up to the kart and swapped engines). FWIW, the engines were state of the art 80cc motors – haven’t been run since the SKUSA SuperNationals in about 2008.

The motor setup is slightly complex – the 80 motor was upgraded by Honda to an 85, so one engine has an 85 jug and spares, the other an 80 jug/spares. Bottom ends are interchangeable.

There are lots of spare pistons, rings, gasket sets, wrist pins, wrist pin bearings etc. Only the Pistons and rings are differentiated 80 vs 85.

Parts are all available online from servicehonda.com and an Internet search should easily decode the serial numbers.

There’s enough stuff there to run for a couple of seasons of track days, easily. These are hot little motors – plenty of oomph for an adult pilot (there used to be an 80 senior class).

I am selling these for a friend who’s moved and don’t have a ton of information. Happy to send additional photos or you can come by and see them.

I believe they were prepped and built by SRS Racing. Have been in inside, dry, clean storage for several years.

Lots of spare parts, mostly brand-new Honda stuff in sleeves. Includes heads.

Posted elsewhere and subject to prior sale. Again, sorry I don’t have more info, but please email with questions or to come see the motors. Thank you for your interest.

Price does not include shipping, which I’ll do for actual cost and your choice of method.

Pictures:

Please also see my ad for the Pro K-Laser Toe Alignment tools. More pics available. Thank you.

Nathan Bley
    Participant

I will buy those motors

Tony Malito
    Participant

I am interested in the motors as well. I need one for this weekend.

Nathan Bley
    Participant

I will buy those motors

how do I arrange the payments and shipping? I will take both motors. The whole package deal

Geremy Kornreich
    Participant

Thank you all for your interest. The motors have been sold.

I still have an alignment tool available:

Pro K-Laser Toe Angle wheel alignment for Go Karts – $210

Thanks. Enjoy karting!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.