Home Forums Road Racing Transponder battery repair

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Robert Lawson 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Joe Brittin
    Participant

Who can replace the old style yellow transponder battery?

I have seen it posted on here before but forgot who does this?

Christian Fox
    Participant

Michael Schorn in Oregon does it. I don’t have his contact info handy, but he is active on Facebook and will respond to messages there.

Bruce Peck
    Participant

This guy in Texas did two older transponders for me last year including one of the real old rectangular models with the four screws in the case (was new somewhere around 2000).  He’s not expensive, turn around time was very quick, and he sends texts to let you know progress.  There’s a number on the site where you can call or text with questions.  He also sells charging bases that have a timer built in so if you have multiple months in between races, it will automatically charge the transponder for 24 hours and then wait 30 days and do it again on a continuing 30 day cycle.  I got one that has two slots so I can charge both transponders at the same time.

“www.racingtransponderfix.com”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  Bruce Peck.

Robert Lawson
    Participant

Joe,

If you want to try to DIY I copied the instructions to do so from the EKN Classic forum conversation from years ago. I’ll paste here if you like.

I did mine, its not too tough.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.