Home Forums Chassis & Handling Tonykart 14 EVK seat location

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Mick Gabriel 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Craig Whitfield
    Participant

Hello.

Recently been struggling with to much rear grip with my Tonykart evk. And wondering what seat dimensions people run for location. I believe mine is way out. The right side front front chassis rail is at 660 and the left side is at 635 ? This kart came fitted this way and was brand new.

Information i have found says it should be at 625, 630 and 210 from top of seat to axle.

I run stock shifter and I have been suffering from bad push at the exit of turns. Axle is type N but I’m hoping this seat being so far out is my answer. I’m 5’9.

Thanks

Craig

Mark Dismore Jr.
    Participant

It sounds way back and a bit crooked.

My experience with the EVK is more for TaG class where we run it around 610 to 620. For a shifter I would be closer to 620 or even 630 if you need more rear grip. Some run the left side closer than the right. So maybe 620 and 625.

Also make sure you have double castor in the kart. Max top/bottom. Line up hash tags on the pill top and bottom with the little pill bolts as well, should put you around “0” camber.

I would think that would get you close.

Mark

Craig Whitfield
      Participant

Hi mark.

Thanks for the reply. I tried the seat today and kart felt totally different.

If you want to loosen up the rear do people go hard on axles or soft? I’m sure it’s the opposite with Tonykart?  Very new to otk stuff.

Thanks

Craig

Mark Dismore Jr.
        Participant

Craig,

Yeah the OTK stuff can be a little different compared to how most of us use to free up karts. Softer is more grip, stiffer is less on an OTK kart as far as axles go. Front Bars are a huge tuning item, the karts are also very camber sensitive. The baseline of the kart is a very good place to start and even run it most of the time.

Mark

Gary Lawson
    Participant

Harder frees up the rear on otk

Mick Gabriel
    Participant

There is a couple ways you can free up the rear on an OTK without changing axles. Whipping axles in and out isn’t always the answer. PM me for details.

Michael Rutter
    Participant

Try switching front bars to give the front a little more bite. Run maybe half a PSI higher in the front. If you add grip to the front it will take some away from the rear.  I’m not exactly sure about the seat  dimensions.

Mick Gabriel
    Participant

You can also just leave the flat bar in and rotate it 30 degrees. Front bar is all driver preference and track condition dependent.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.