Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Time for a change

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Bernie Lacotta
      Participant

Maybe it’s me , but I think that other karting site should perhaps change it’s name to Bob’s Clone Karting. I’m really frustrated by the negative attitude towards anything Briggs and some of the outright lies that are allowed to hound the “Briggs” threads by pro “clone” racers/builders/salesmen who consider it their duty in life to defend their, in my opinion, poor life choices.

It would be a good idea for all Briggs racers, and related businesses to put their support behind another site. I could think of none better one than EKN.

Yes, today’s doings on the other site prompted me to this action!!

Mike Bray
      Participant

Couldn’t agree more!  Bob’s Clone World is the most ridiculous web forum I’m ever seen.  Blatantly biased against an American manufacturer that supports kart racing while supporting cheap Chinese junk that does nothing for the sport.

http://www.brayfamilyracing.com/page32.html

Rick Brown
      Participant

What did i miss? What happened to the briggs forums?

Bernie Lacotta
      Participant

Only one left is “Animal”. I think the word “Briggs” is considered offensive on that site.

James Frantz
      Participant

The LO 206 is the best thing to happen in Karting in years.

Jimbo

http://www.fastermotors.net

steve vermeer
        Participant

Jim, I think I might be “suspended” again after yesterday.Oh well, enough of the “cloneheads”.

Rodney Ebersole
      Participant

Bob’s forum still has the animal, LO206 and Flathead sections to post all a person would want about racing Briggs motors. I do also feel the vibe Bob and some of the clone followers have against the Briggs name that has formed over the last few years. This sites posters haven’t always been the most welcome towards briggs and clone racers in the past either, yet over time that has changed some. It’s not that hard to keep up to date with kart racers questions that are posted on booth sites and in my opinion it would only hurt kart racers that need help if I would choose to only participate on this site only. If I was paying these sites to sell my products I would most likely have a different stance on my participation with in the forums.
      Things do change over time yet I still hope that karters will continue to have more than just one popular place to go to in order to share their racing experiences.

James Frantz
      Participant

I would hope that any site has the best interests of Karting at it’s heart regardless of weather someone is paying for advertising or not. To selectively delete posts about one engine and not the other is not in the best interest of karting. To ban certain people from posting facts (not opinions) and allow other people to make untrue posts for the purpose of promotion of their product or favorite is also not in the best interest of karting. The truth is especially important for the beginners.

“I read it on the internet. It must be true”

When the sole driving force of anything is money the truth always gets lost.

<span style=”line-height: 1.5;”>I was taught that freedom of speech for everyone is a right in this country.</span>

Jimbo

http://www.fastermotors.net

Brian Carlson
      Participant

I suspect you’ll be seeing a few new faces to this site as a result.  That’s not all bad — but Bob has dealt yet another blow to the LO206 on ovals.  We’ll continue to soldier on though.

It was very nice/convenient though that he provided a direct link to this site.  ;)

Seems like a lot of pride issues.  :(

—–
      Thanks and God bless,
      Brian Carlson
      Carlson Racing Engines
      Vector Cutz
      http://www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
      26 years of service to the karting industry
      765-339-4407
      bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.
      <div><wbr />com</div>

Clark Gaynor Sr.
      Participant

I’ve been a 2 cycle guy since 1963, but last year my grandson started sprint racing at our local sprint tracks.  Of course all of those run predominantly 4 cycle classes.  So we got a Pro Gas Sportsman from Steve and while we were at it bought a 206 for my son to play with when we weren’t road racing Leopards with the WKA/WKC.   I initially went on Bob’s to learn Animal stuff, which I certainly did, but also picked up so oddball undertones which I couldn’t quite understand.  There was definitely so anti Briggs sentiment which I found very confusing??!!

Anyway, my point is, I would certainly appreciate it if you guys would start posting here on ekarting.  That included you Brian, Jim, Steve and all others who try to keep us well informed.  It is truly appreciated!!

Clark Sr.

WKC VP and board member, WKA NRRC member.

Mike Bray
      Participant
      David Klaus
      Participant

For those who don’t know 4cycle.com isn’t an ‘open’ discussion.  For years posts have been removed that go against the ideology of the clone and a handful of those involved who put their interest ($$, ego, and need to control) over the sport.

I’m excited to have a place where we can have a discussion without attack, negativity, or watching positive posts removed because they don’t help others sell the next greatest greatest head casting or carburetor blessed with holy water from the Ozarks.

At the end of the day products have to speak on their own.  While you can use rhetoric and filter posts, ultimately the truth surfaces and true colors are revealed.

We ALL share a passion for the greatest rush in the world, karting.  While the engine that turns our wheels might be different, why we kart is the same.  That is something many seem to forget.  There can be more than one greatest thing since sliced bread and I can respect the passion behind the viewpoint. I love our products and know the effort behind each and every one we build.

Thanks to everyone for the support.  It’s motivating and it allows us to put together promotions such as our Briggs Weekly Racing Series.  The ultimate end goal being to reach as many tracks and programs as we can with support and have a h#ll of a lot of fun along the way.

My friends, my greatest memories, and even who I am as a person came from racing so I don’t miss a day without being thankful and wanting to pass that on.

David Klaus

Director-Briggs Racing

PS – Dave and Rob, Thanks for all you do for the sport.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.