Home Forums TaG thoughts on using an '04 Road Rebel in TaG?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Joseph Cote
      Participant

So, I’m looking at a used kart to get into TaG with, and it’s an older kart. I know 30mm tubing is desirable with TaG, but there is a local ’04 CRG Road Rebel being sold for a really good price. I weigh about 160lbs, and it comes with a PRD Fireball. I’m not sure how much of a disadvantage I’d be at running the stiffer chassis. I do have to say that I was used to running stiff chassis in flathead stuff with a fiat amount of success years ago, so I’m wondering if my driving style could just work with a stiffer chassis. That, and I’m wondering with it being a decade old if the chassis has maybe worn down into an acceptable spring rate.

anyway, anyone have thoughts on this combination? I’ve also heard completely mixed reviews on the fireball…is it possible for this to be a winning combination at the regional level, at least?

Morgan Schuler
      Participant

On the chassis, I’ll just say you can get a smoking deal on 1 or 2 year old equipment right now. Old and worn out is old and worn out.

Unless you’ll be racing in a spec PRD class I’d skip that too. A PRD isn’t competitive in a normal TaG class. So, no, its not a winning combo at the regional level. Maybe club racing in a spec PRD class.

If you’re just getting into TaG and want to race beyond local/club racing, you need to pay attention to what’s happening right now with the TaG class and the engines.

Joseph Cote
        Participant

What sort of prices are we talking about for a “smoking deal”?

Also, what exactly are you talking about when you say “what’s happening in TAG”? You mean the switch to X30’s?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.