Home Forums General Karting Discussion The Making of a Kart Track

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Scottie Melancon 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

David Cole
    Keymaster

Has the making of a kart track maybe for the Barber Motorsports Park? What do you think?

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

tony zambos
    Participant

It’s the largest carb gasket I’ve ever seen, just can’t figure out which card.

LAD Specialties customer / tony kart / rotax / kt100

David Cole
    Keymaster

The road course is among the best road racing tracks I have ever been on. It would be a perfect situation if they built a kart track, even it rental karts filled it up 6 days a week. It’s a great revenue stream for the facilities during big name events.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Daniel White
    Participant

I see a bunch of turns but I don’t see a kart track, unless the parking lot at the top of the picture will be used.

David McDowell
    Participant

Daniel,

I think it is still in the making like the title says. If you look at google earth this pavement was not even there this time last year.

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

Could be a police / security training layout too.

www.facebook.com/hamiltonhelmets/
    2014 Praga Dragon / IAME KA-100

Scottie Melancon
    Participant

Barber Motorsports Park is spending more than $4 million on a new addition called the Barber Proving Grounds. The complex includes a new track area and wet/dry skidpad that will accommodate additional events while the existing track is in use. Mercedes-Benz USA is the first customer, using the Proving Grounds for its employee “Brand Immersion Experience

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.