Home Forums General Karting Discussion Sparco X-Light KX-8???

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Andrew Pachon 5 years ago.

• Author

Andrew Pachon
    Participant

I am getting ready to pick up this suit. Do any of you out there use this suit and would you buy it again in hindsight and how has it held up? Do you wear a rib protector underneath it?

Thanks in advance for any info.

~Andy

Andrew Pachon
    Participant

Ok so 78 people viewed my post. Well I stopped by SubeSports here in SoCal (Huntington Beach) and I tried on several suits and nothing fit properly. I have 24+ inches between my shoulders (Former USMC) and the gents at SubeSports were kind enough to direct me to K1Racegear. I wished I’d known about K1 before driving all the way up to Huntington Beach as K1 is pretty much in my backyard.

Well I stopped by K1 and Aubrey King took amazing care of me and my custom suit is on order for less than an off the shelf Sparco, OMP, Alpinestars, Puma.

If there are any of you gents or gals that are in need of a new suit, please take my recommendation and gov e these guys a chance to earn your business. They are awesome to deal with.

~Andy

Mike Clark
    Participant

I wear my rib protector underneath my suit. My brother wears his outside. Mine is a Ribtec¬† “soft” and his has the hard outer plates. I see people do it both ways. One argument for under it is less likely to get hooked up on something in a crash. Tee shirt – rib protector – suit is what I do.

Andrew Pachon
    Participant

Thanks Mike. I have a Ribtect 3 with hard side plates. I plan on wearing it underneath.

~Andy

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.