Home Forums General Karting Discussion SKUSA SpringNats, Beating the KZ guys in S1

This topic contains 20 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  MikeGoebel 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Keith Bridgeman
    Participant

Just curious to see what everyone thinks about the US locals beating Fore, Lamb and Abbasse?   If the supernats in KZ and S1 is in indicator it might be tuff.   It makes it more fun to watch for sure.

http://bridgemanbroskarting.blogspot.com/

Jake Macaluso
    Participant

There are certainly Americans with the talent to win, the obstacle is overcoming the amount of seat time the factory guys log over the course of a season. In KZ, you will have to count on getting strong power from Tec-Sav, Rizzi, etc., european builders that the factory teams already have a strong relationship with.

TJ Koyen

It’s going to be awesome. I only wish one of them would hop in a TaG kart for the weekend so we could have a chance at them!

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
    Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
    www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
    www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

David Cole
    Keymaster

More Europeans coming to compete in S1 at SpringNats? ?? I only knew about Fore. it would be great!

See the EKN Exclusive Article

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

MikeGoebel
    Participant

No chance for the US guys…The Euros will dominate the podium.

Mike G.

Taylor Young
    Participant

The Americans have an advantage with this engine package and I’m sure some have put more time in at this track so anything is possible.  I wonder if this means they’ll be running the full pro tour along with running S1 at the Supernationals. I’m interested to see how things play out.

mal crosher
    Participant

I thought he has beaten you guys in TaG in first or second year he first came over ?

I do recall reading in now defunct Kartsport Mag claims from editor he couldn’t do it ( beat Americans ) in shifter.

which I think he did ?

Dare I say it but going from kz back to S1 would be easier than vice versa.

kiwis don’t run honda and they seem do it ok.

Keith Bridgeman
    Participant

The best comparision might be the 2011-12 S1 race at the supernats.   Torsellini won S1 and the next year Simas Juodvirsis won.   Showed up and won on the Honda.     I would put Fore, Lamb and Abbassee at a higher level still.  

It would be a good editorial from e-Karting to talk to these guys and get their opinion on running the Honda.  I’m sure they will be very political but.   I’m guess these guys wonder why we would run an old Honda over here.   Ask them their thoughts.

http://bridgemanbroskarting.blogspot.com/

David Cole
    Keymaster

Mal, please see your PM.

EKN will be talking with Fore, Abbasse and Lennox next weekend to find out more. Our guess is that it will be a one-off for all three, but maybe another run at Las Vegas SuperNationals. BUT, the CIK schedule is open that weekend along with Rotax racing in Europe. We will see.

vince mandarino
    Participant

No chance for the US guys…The Euros will dominate the podium. Mike G.

Well said.

Here we go again,  North America Vs Europe, the gap was a lot closer years ago when North American drivers were actually running a power plan that would allow them to develop skill, with the current engine packages  it will be tuff to develop fast drivers, no Canadian or American driver will stand a single chance against the Euros in any category.  Look at rotax. most of North American drivers go crazy and spend a bundle  trying to win a ticket to the rotax worlds, and then what?.

Alan Michel
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MikeGoebel wrote:</div>

Look at rotax. most of North American drivers go crazy and spend a bundle trying to win a ticket to the rotax worlds, and then what?.

Did you watch the last ROTAX WORLD FINALS EVENT? Juan Manuel Correa 1st place.

Joey Wimsett 2nd place.

Alan Rudolph dominated the entire event, should have won easily.

But I guess you didn’t watch.

anyway… I do think the Europeans will be upfront, their skill level in chassis set up should be superior. I guess we just have to wait 6 days to find out where our S1 guys stand.

Can’t wait to watch this!

Taylor Young
    Participant

Lamb had some fast times at DKC Texas Prokart race over the weekend but couldn’t finish on top. Not sure what the story is but things will be interesting this weekend.

David Cole
    Keymaster

Story on Texas PKC coming. They are finishing up the report and photographs. Should be published tomorrow morning on EKN.

Stacey Cook
    Participant

Watch for Fore’ to possibly do the entire Pro Tour this year. There are some fast Americans out there Joey Wimsett is ready to defend is title and will be tough to beat. Look out for the young guns, several great driver!

Alan Michel
    Participant

Lamb had some fast times at DKC Texas Prokart race over the weekend but couldn’t finish on top. Not sure what the story is but things will be interesting this weekend.

mmmm Jordon Lennox raced Saturday and won.  Didn’t race Sunday.

I sure hope a local driver wins it this weekend, but I doubt it.

Taylor Young
      Participant

On mylaps it shows placing 16th but now I noticed he had the lowest total time so I stand corrected. Should be exciting, I wish I could watch.

Michael Boone
    Participant

I had a chance to talk with Anthony Abbasse a few weeks ago  we were working together at a KART Racing Acadamy event at our track. I knew he was go to Texas for the SN and asked him what he thought of the Honda’s.  He said its a good package. Not as much power as a KZ but still respectible. I think he has respect for American drivers and won’t be looking to run away with the win but he’s not going to lay down either! The motor is only a part of the package the driver and chassis will make up the bigger part. If you get a chance go say hello to him he is a really nice guy !!  Speak slowly he will understand you better :) !

Really wish I could be there ! Could only swing one trip this year going to Calif to see My Dad and Sis. My be next year!!! ;)

Michael

http://www.ask-ancenis.fr/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Circuit-Roger-Gaillard-LAubini%C3%A8re-ASK-Ancenis/429469017187482?ref=hl

MikeGoebel
    Participant

S1 Sat. Main

1. Jordon Lennox-Lamb +2.711 (UK)
    2. Nick Neri (USA)
    3. Oliver Askew (USA)
    4. Davide Fore (IT)
    5. Fritz Leesmann (USA)
    6. Augie Lerch (USA)
    7. Ron White (USA)
    8. Billy Musgrave (USA)
    9. Joey Wimsett (USA)
    10. Milan Dontje (IT???)

Alan Michel
    Participant

More Europeans coming to compete in S1 at SpringNats? ??

I only knew about Fore.

it would be great!

James McMahon
    Participant

Top guys in S1 are getting lots of seat time too, you guys make it sound like the S1 folks are living on Ramen noodles or something haha.
    Fore is running a DDR CR125, so he’ll just come and drive. Same as Simas did at the nats a while back.. As much as one might say you need A Tec-Sav etc in KZ (I think thats a classic case of perception > reality, but anyway), you have the same perception in S1. Not to mention the 2001 cylinder debacle.

It’ll be interesting to see how Fore and the others adapt to the track in comparison to their S1 peers. I was planning on being there for Sunday but looks like I won’t make it this time around.

I don’t think either camp will walk away with it, but then Fore has pulled some majestic stuff out of nowhere in the past.

Alan Michel
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.