Home Forums Tech Talk Shifter exhaust questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Scott Boito 4 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Scott Boito
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have a few questions about my RLV R4 pipes that I hope someone can help answer.

1. What metal are these made from?  I have a crack that needs to be welded and my welding friend wants to know so he can adjust the welder appropriately.

2. How does everyone change the angle of the stinger on these?  My current stock R4s both have straight exits that interfere with the kart stacker.  So I’d like to angle them to the side and downward a bit like I’ve seen on other karts.  Is this something easily accomplished with a torch?

Thank you in advance.

Scott

Ted Hamilton
    Participant

If you’re already repairing a crack, I’d just cut out a little wedge, bend the stinger over and weld the new seam together there too.

www.facebook.com/hamiltonhelmets/
    2014 Praga Dragon / IAME KA-100

Scott Boito
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestion, Ted.  Is that how people modify them?  And does it affect the exhaust flow/RPM/HP any?

So nothing special about the alloy used in these?

Greg Lindahl
    Participant

Contact RLV for repair and change to angled stinger.

Scott Boito
    Participant

Got the 20 degree angled stingers from RLV ($20/each) and had a friend redo everything and weld the crack.  Worked like a charm.  Got them back yesterday and they will work perfectly!  Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.