Home Forums TaG Rotax Max Rotax FR125 engine temps question

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jean-Paul
      Participant

A few Questions:

What should be the temp when I can fully engage the throttle (warming up)? I usually go for 105-110

What temp should be the perfect operating for max performance? I try to keep temp in the mid 150’s

What is the max temp before damage starts happening? My cap came loose last race and I actually hit 170 before I shut the engine down.

I ran last weekend and the engine feels fine, so I don’t think I didn’t do any damage.

What damage occurs with overheating? I am assuming it mostly would be in the top end? If damage occurred, would a top end rebuild put it back new again?

Eric Alexander
      Participant

min. coolant temperature [°C / ° F] 45 / 113

Optimum coolant temperature [°C / ° F] 65 / 149

max. coolant temperature [°C / ° F] 85 / 185

I set my MyChron alarm to go off at 180° F.  Although that’s probably too high now that I think about it.

CROSS
      Participant

I wait until I get to 120 to run it hard. My Mychron goes off at 155, by the time I really notice it it is closer to 160. Even when running in over 100 degree heat the hottest I let my engine get was mid to low 160s. Still never had to stop before finishing a heat race.

John Savage
      Participant

CROSS wrote:
      Not going to lie, this new forum sucks!

Let’s hope that it does not put anybody off using it because it is a fabulous resource for the karting community

Jetting and Kart Set-up Software

http://www.rotaxjetting.com

CROSS
      Participant

To late for that. It is easy to see in how frequently people post here that participation on this new forum is down.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.