Home Forums General Karting Discussion Public invite to Homestead(FL) Karting practice $35.00 9am till 4pm Tue. – Sat.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Paul Lopez
      Participant

Wutup EKN,

Just wanted to publicly invite anyone who is interested in karting to come out to Homestead Karting located in Homestead, Florida 33035. I only go on Saturdays to practice just to have some fun out there.  I encourage everyone to attend and come hangout or drive. Spectators are FREE! Cost for drivers is $35.00 (with own kart). Open from 9am till 4pm Tue-Sat. I usually get a minimum of 6 sessions on Saturdays and thats the busiest day! I am just a normal local driver i have no affiliations with the track or the owners or any other business. Just a cool guy lookin to meet new people who are interested in this great sport!

Couple things i wanted to note. They do have rental karts cost is $50.00 for three 10 minute sessions. They provide all safety gear. This is the best deal anywhere. The chance to drive on a pro-quality track with speeds of up to 45mph. Track is 8/10ths of a mile long, thats ~ 4200 feet long!

Here is their website.

http://www.homesteadkarting.net/

Please do not hesitate to come by and say Wuzup! Here is a pic of my kart its an EASYKART. I will be under the BLACK Tent that says CORVETTE on the side in red letters. Peace out!

Keeping the sport of kart driving fun and pure. Creator of Lo Speed Karting Team a cool non-competitive bunch of local people. Check out our site "LoSpeedKarting.weebly.com"

Walt Gifford
      Participant

Those are great prices! Wish we had something like that around here.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
      Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
      Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
      41 years karting experience

Paul Lopez
      Participant

yep practice is definitely a great deal. Would be cool to meetup with local EKN members.

Keeping the sport of kart driving fun and pure. Creator of Lo Speed Karting Team a cool non-competitive bunch of local people. Check out our site "LoSpeedKarting.weebly.com"

Paul Lopez
      Participant

Mike,

The track gets run clockwise and counterclockwise. Also  the counterclockwise layout gets changed slightly that shaves ~2 seconds off your time. See this link the change is under the “Track A layout counter chicane” the pic furthest to the right, turns 5 & 6.

http://www.homesteadkarting.net/trackmap.html

Homestead does a double race weekend Saturday & Sunday. Something i personally am not a fan of because as of now i do not race, i only practice so i cannot kart on race weekends. Also they give virtually no practice time on racedays.

Cost is $15 dollars per person just to enter the track on racedays. That is good for Friday (practice day), Saturday (race day), and Sunday(race day) if you are just a spectator. IF you are a Driver you must pay an additional $65 dollars for each day you want to race. (Saturday or Sunday). If you want to practice on that Friday it costs an additional $20 dollars. So if you we were to add it all up you could spend a total of $180 dollars between Friday (Practice), Saturday (race), Sunday (race).

Tracktime per class on racedays is as follows:

5 minute warmup

5 minute qualify

7 lap race

10 lap race

Um yea thats it….. Thats what $80 buks gets you if you decide to be a driver for one raceday.

Mike Clark
      Participant

$35 is a good deal.  It cost me $50 to TnT with my own cart. If I understand correctly I could show up & drive a kart for 30 minutes for $50. Three 10 minute sessions would cost more than that in the concession karts here. Plus add $5 on top to get in the front gate.

How much do y’all charge for races?

Do you guys change track layout much? I’d say no looking at the website. The rubber looks laid down pretty well.

Paul Lopez
      Participant

Your better off gettin a group of people and coming on a practice day. You spend 35 buks and usually get a minimum of 6 sessions; 10 minutes each session.

FYI i will be out there again this Saturday 9/21 practicing if anyone wants to say wuzup!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.