Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Birel AM29, 4 cycle chassis with LO206

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Al Attles
      Participant

Has anyone run a 2015 Birel AM29 chassis with the LO206?

If so, what are your assessments of the chassis, in comparison to the other 4 cycle specific chassis’, as well as the components/fit of the chassis ?

What changes has this model had since it’s introduction?

Does this chassis have self-adjusting brakes or do they require shims (I contacted 2 Birel dealers; neither who stock the chassis or could provide specific details on the 2015 model) ?

Thanks.

Greg Jasperson
      Participant

We just took delivery of our first BirelART AM29’s for our house drivers. Got 2 of them on track already for a little practice and we are impressed so far.

To my surprise, the chassis is a 3 bearing axle design. You still have about a 1.5″ window between it and the seat post for the chain though, so most motor mounts should work pretty easily. I have been told that they are developing a motor mount specific to the chassis later in the year as well. I was also very impressed that the seat struts and other accessories that came with the kart all fit perfectly even with the 206 engine.

We started with a pretty generic chassis setup, and found the karts very drivable and were running comparable laptimes to our previous chassis we were very successful with. Given a few more days testing, I think we will be faster yet.

One driver is JR at 300#, the other is Sr. at 375# and we ended up with only expected differences in setup between the two drivers given the weight difference. We are looking forward to racing them this season.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.