Home Forums General Karting Discussion Pit Mat???

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Andrew Pachon
      Participant

What all do you guys use as a pit mat? I think I saw something this past weekend that resembled a chem-mat as well as astro-turf.

I am curious to hear what all you guys and gals are using?

~Andy

Mark J Schoonover
      Participant

http://www.rvawningmats.com/

They work really nice. Get a carry bag right away too.

Peter Zambos
      Participant

I’ll have to do some price checking. I’ve been meaning to pick up some of the indoor/outdoor carpet that looks like astroturf, but that mat be a better solution.

Jimmy McNeil
      Participant

We just go down to Lowes. I think its 15 by 20′ blue or gray indoor outdoor carpet for 50 or 60 bucks. Cheap enough that when it starts looking bad you just throw it in the trash and get a new piece.

Tim Koyen
      Participant

That RV mat is pretty nice.  So nice that I would be afraid to use it.  My driver spends a lot of time off track, so much so that I’m thinking of installing an automated “kart wash”.  I can’t imagine cleaning my kart on that nice mat.  I use the basic blue tarp, which is a bit flimsy on rougher ground.  That, or nothing.

KartLift Kart Stands
      DeepSeat Kart Seats
      877-777-8020
      ------------------
      Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Mark J Schoonover
      Participant

The RV mat is sort of an open weave kind of thing. In case of rain, indoor – outdoor, or astro turf  stays wet a long squishy time. The RV mat seems to dry pretty quick. I’ve been doing this silly stuff since 1967. Of all the mats we’ve tried over the years this works the best. The ones we have now are going on 10 years. Put away wet? Put them in the waterproof carry bag, set them out to dry at home.  Dusty or muddy? Hose them off at home.

Check out the “blowout” section of the website for better prices. You won’t be sorry.

Mark J Schoonover (Milo’s dad)

MJS Racing

B-Stock

Andrew Pachon
      Participant

Thanks for all the replies. Thanks for the wisdom Mark.

~Andy

Mark Erpelding
      Participant

I use building entrance mats  3- 3′ x 10′  they lay down quick and they are rubber backed and feel fetter than laying on the stones..   I just take them to the car wash spray some degreaser on them and pressure wash them…Plus I sell them so I got them cheep!  But they are awesome!   Some guys I have raced with have seen the light!

We spend our money on Racin, Whiskey and Women.... The rest we waste....

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.