Home Forums Chassis & Handling OTK Axles

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Rutter
      Participant

Hello, I recently purchased a 2014 Tony Kart and have been wondering what axles people use commonly.  Which axles are the most useful to have? In the rain should i be looking for the E axle? or the U?

I managed to find this chart

from softest to hardest… E-U-Q-P-N-H-HH

So which axles would you recommend for a kart running a leopard?

Also the MXC and MXP wheels… Would you recommend spending the $800 for the MXC’s?

Tim Koyen
      Participant

Rain axle…Q or U.

MXC wheels…without a doubt.

KartLift Kart Stands
      DeepSeat Kart Seats
      877-777-8020
      ------------------
      Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

TJ Koyen

N axle works in the dry about 95% of the time.

MXP if you’re racing in really cold, low grip situations, MXC for anything 50*F and warmer. So basically 95% of the time.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
      Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
      www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
      www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Brian Degulis
      Participant

What ‘s the advantage to a set of $800 wheels Vrs $200 for a set of DWT’s  ??

Brian

TJ Koyen

MXC wheels are the best for keeping the tire consistent throughout a run. We’ve back-to-backed a few different wheels including the DWT LV and SE against the MXCs and found the MXCs to be the best for keeping the kart consistent over a run and keep the tires in their prime operating window.

Jeff Shadoan
      Participant

MXC wheels are the best for keeping the tire consistent throughout a run. We’ve back-to-backed a few different wheels including the DWT LV and SE against the MXCs and found the MXCs to be the best for keeping the kart consistent over a run and keep the tires in their prime operating window.

TJ

In your testing, how did the DWT SE wheels compare to the MXPs vs MXCs?

Also, do they have the same offset as the OTK wheels? If not, how much do they differ?

TJ Koyen

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TJ Koyen wrote:</div>

TJ

In your testing, how did the DWT SE wheels compare to the MXPs vs MXCs?

Also, do they have the same offset as the OTK wheels? If not, how much do they differ?

Jeff,

It was a while ago but if I remember correctly the SE wheels felt similar to the MXCs, but the MXCs still held up better over a long run. Overall they just felt more consistent and predictable than the SEs. Both wheels felt like they took grip out of the tires and helped them run cooler.

Can’t remember the offsets off-hand.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.