Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing Not sure what clutch to get for my KT100.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  FREDDY SANDOVAL 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Dylan Chaffin
    Participant

I recently bought a KT100 with a pipe and I will be racing SCCA solo auto cross. The kart has a horstman steel nytro 3 disc wet clutch that is around 20 years old. The still works fine, I don’t know if it is worn or not because I have not used a new one. I would like to buy a new one but I have no idea what clutch to buy for Auto cross. Any input or help would be greatly appreciated.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Dylan

I don’t auto cross at all, but I have seen how it’s done.

Knowing what kind of regulations there are for clutches will determine to point you in the right direction

If there are no regulations, then disregard my comment, and find the most durable and tough clutch you can get

I personally do like the Steell Nytro 3 or 4 disc clutch, if I recall it correctly they were purple/burgundysh in color, with the black drum?

I absolutely loved them, as they were very durable and tough, but the class we currently run with uses a different spec clutch.

I think you should continue to use that old Horstman Steel Nytro clutch till it breaks, and then buy a brand new one with a 4 disk, and adjust your stall speed to your best liking. That’s just my opinion. Hope that helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.