Home Forums Autocross / Solo 2 Noise restriction advise? TM Moto

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Don Foreman 5 years ago.

• Author

Don Foreman
    Participant

I have an old Track Magic Demon with a TM Moto engine that hasn’t been out in a few years because the local autocross club (SSCC) decided that it didn’t like shifter karts. So if I am going to get to run at all this year it will have to be with Emerald Empire  in Eugene Oregon and that is a 3 hour drive away.  They have much stricter noise regulations though. The 95 db max is strictly enforced.  I have the long TM moto pipe with the large muffler that runs across the rear bumper but I am unsure of the noise level in db of the big TM mufflers?  I would rather be super safe rather than get booted for noise, with a 3 hour drive each way.  Any feedback or suggestions?

Scott Boito
    Participant

When I ran my TM moto for part of a season, it was quieter than my Honda CR125.  Using some junky silencer off the TM pipe.  Repack your silencer with some fresh packing and it should be good.  We had a 96 db limit and I never approached that – but did get in the 93-94 range with the Honda.

Jason Vehige
    Participant

If a good silencer is not enough to meet sound adding an airbox will help a good bit. Just keep in mind it will most likely result in you needing to change jets.

Don Foreman
    Participant

Thank you both for the advise!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.