Home Forums Shifter Karts new mychron4 2t weird?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      marc-andre hubert
      Participant

first the temp was dropping when getting hotter, called them, said wires were reverse.. ok switch them, got boiling water and looks ok, get on track , I taped 1/2 the rad (19×10) on a 100F florida day, and only getting 95f? took all the tape off running mid 80F is my sensor bad??

Brian Degulis
      Participant

Marc next time you come out we can check it with my infra red thermometer or just plug your Mychron into one of our temp senders and know for sure what’s bad.

Brian

marc-andre hubert
      Participant

I do have  a infra gun and seems a bit off, wich is driving me crazy, and mychron4 2t have different plug in then mychron4 got new sensor on way and will see.

funny thing is on stand idling looks normal goes up to 127f and gun reads very close, but once on track it cools down a lot wich somewhat makes sense since air is going thru radiator but then gun VS sensor is off..

Brian Degulis
      Participant

Yes it makes some sense that it may cool down a little with air flow but it’s not possible to be running 95 on a 95 degree day no matter how much air flow you have. When you checked it with your infra red did you take the reading where the sensor threads in?

Brian

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.