Home Forums General Karting Discussion My new project to introduce people to the sport

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  FREDDY SANDOVAL 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

We’re looking for a cheap cadet full roller chassis

My intentions are to build an inexpensive cadet kart with a slower clone engine, to introduce people to the track and the world of karting, with out scarring the kids with high speeds yet.

Our sport is hurting, and I’m trying to do something about it

If any one has a good old chassis out there for a decent price, please contact me, We will also be building a full size clone kart for the Dads to get their feet wet.

We are located in Bakersfield CA. but will travel 2 hours in any direction. Thank you all in advance. Fast Freddy.  (858) 717-2191

Lawrence Doty
    Participant

Bump…’cause I think this is a great idea!

When I started karting with the grandson I didn’t know anyone at the local track and they didn’t have an arrive-n-drive (They do now). We drove 4hrs (1 way) so he could try a kart before I bought one.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

That’s what I’m talking about
    Thanks for your input, Lawrence!
    The more generous people we have out there, the better our sport will benefit from it, and most likely will grow.

I know that there are many of you guys out there, trying to assist people also, and help out in all you can.
    And trust me we can all benefit from it, as new karters will remember how they were treated and welcomed to the sport

After all we are a family oriented sport, and should be maintained in such a way, so that our numbers don’t get smaller ( the more, the marrier )
    I don’t know about you guys, but with the economy in the last 10 years, we’ve seen less and less participants at our local track.

Thank you all for all that you’re doing to keep our sport alive, not only in the top notch national level, but at the local club level (home track )

Thank you all, and God bless you. Fast Freddy.

Rod Hawkins
    Participant

This is a great idea hopefully you get some support. My brother and I both have a back up kart that we use when we have problems with the primary, but we also us them to take friends and family to the track and intro them to the sport.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
    Participant

Awesome, Rod!

Good job, and thank you for doing your part.

And Yes, I am eyeballing a cadet roller here locally to convert into a slow speed clone package, and I also have a faster cadet kart with a KT100 package for when they get more confident and faster ( Graduation day? )

All I need is a cheap full size roller for a clone conversion also, and we’ll be all good to go!

Thanks, all. Fast Freddy.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.