Home Forums General Karting Discussion missing trophy

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      patrick hubbell
      Participant

I know this is a longshot but I must try it,  I am looking for a trophy that I did not receive at the 2005 Two cycle grand nationals at Moran. The trophy in question is a 5th place  Formula Y/C Masters.  After the race and weigh in I proceeded to the tech area where I was informed that I need not stay. Only the top three need to be tech’d.  I packed up and headed for home and did not stay for the awards presentation.  There was quite a few people there who knew me and I was hoping someone would have picked it up for me.  I began my search for this trophy a few days later. I talked to the president of the club and IKF officials. No one was able to put their fingers on my trophy.

I have proof that I finished 5th, I have the Karter news publication with the “what they ran” section and a witness who heard them announce my name at the awards ceremony.  Someone out there must have it.

I know it has been many years, miracles do happen.   Thanks.

Walt Gifford
      Participant

I would have to think it got recycled and given to someone else inside of 9 years. If it means that much why don’t you just have a trophy made. Maybe you can find some pics of what it might have looked like.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
      Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
      Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
      41 years karting experience

patrick hubbell
        Participant

Thanks Gif, A copy just wouldn’t be the same.  That would like making a copy of a Duffy.  This is one of the few items left on my bucket list.  After 9 years, it’s probably a door knob or something.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.