Home Forums Tech Talk Master Cylinder

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Walt Gifford 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

michael smith
    Participant

Hi all,

first time karter. I got a veloce 125 cc frame from someone. he had taken off and sold the front brakes but left the dual master cylinder with balance adjustment . I plan to only run a rear brake. would I be better off just getting a single master cylinder for the single rear brake?

if yes, are they pretty universal and can I get a recommendation on one?

thanks all

tony zambos
    Participant

michael,
    know nothing about a veloce chassis, but are you sure you don’t have two master cylinders bolted together? If you do, remove one and the bias adjuster. You’ll probable need a new brake rod as well.

http://www.tsracing.com/Manuals/Veloce/VeloceMasterCylinder.htm

LAD Specialties customer / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Walt Gifford
    Participant

You have 2 master cylinders on the kart now? Take one off and get a new brake rod to the other one.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

michael smith
    Participant

wow, thanks guys. I went back and looked and it sure does have TWO master cylinders. that saves me some money right there.

while I have your attention, I need a caliper because the chassis did not come with calipers. TS racing sells the specific one for the chassis (skm , 60-mm centers on the bolts and the rotor is almost 12mm thick. should I get the factory one or are there brakes out there that may be better performing?

thanks

Walt Gifford
    Participant

See if this one fits.

http://www.accelerationkarting.com/righettirearcaliper.aspx

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.