Home Forums General Karting Discussion Man Cup Pitt Raceway

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Joshua Guiher 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Joe Cullura
    Participant

Just saw that (WKA) Man Cup scrubbed Pitt Raceway from their schedule and moved MRP into that date.  Anyone know what happened.

Kirt Burcroff
    Participant

On FB someone mentioned that it was about track fees. I’m not sure if that’s true. Hopefully they find something in the northeast for the TBD race.

Joe Cullura
    Participant

Thanks,,You would think the track fees would have been negotiated before the schedule was announced.  There are 3 other big races that are scheduled at Pitt, GLSS, USPKS, and  Gear Up. Hope tracks fees are not an issue with them.

Kirt Burcroff
    Participant

They’re not making the series very easy for the NY, NJ, PA, CT racers.

Harry Canoles
    Participant

I just got notice that the GLSS also has pulled out of Pitt.

Not looking good.

Joe Cullura
    Participant

To bad!!!  Pitt raceway is a great track.   They have upgraded that facility the last fews years since the new owners.   My son was looking forward to both WKA races.

patrick j slattery
    Participant

Disappointing to say the least,  Pitt was a nice place to race, although the hotels in the area are way over priced

Joshua Guiher
    Participant

Yeah, not exactly fun as a PittRace local looking forward to the race only to find out about it online and they haven’t commented. Hopefully we’ll find something out today or at least at the drivers meeting next weekend.

Tim Koyen
    Participant

Tracks can only lose money on an event so long.  Tracks are starting to look at this more closely and have realized they can’t afford a loss just to be part of the program.  Don’t be surprised if we see more of this.

KartLift Kart Stands
    DeepSeat Kart Seats
    877-777-8020
    ------------------
    Don't bother PMing me, it doesn't work. Email is best: tim@kartlift.com.

Joshua Guiher
    Participant

I wasn’t at the track today, but a few people who were seem to make it sound as if one party asked for a concession and the other severed the relationship altogether. Communication is severely “lacking” if you ask me, but based on some other stuff going on at the track I don’t think it is the end of karting there or anything. Maybe just WKA.

Edit: Now that I look, I see the Gold Cup race was pulled from the WKA schedule as well.

Joshua Guiher
    Participant

Here is the official Pitt Race statement from their forum:

WKA & Great Lakes Sprint Series have chosen NOT to include Pitt Race in their 2014 Schedule. We wish WKA the best & hope to see them in 2015.

Thank You,

Pitt Race Admin.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.