Home Forums Briggs & Stratton 4-Cycle Racing Briggs LO206 Lo206 + Intrepid Crusier

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Troy Berry 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Troy Berry
    Participant

I am putting together a 2008 Intrepid cruiser with a Lo206. Any insight on the set up and handling of this chassis with a 4 cycle on a Medium grip Sprint track? We are running Jr. 2 (310 lbs) and I’m looking for any baseline chassis set up info. Thanks!

"The Art is in the details"
    BirelArt AM29 LO206
    Intrepid Cruiser KA 100

Jon Romenesko
    Participant

What kind of tires?  That’s going to make the biggest difference, IMO.  Generally i’ve found that i’m constantly trying to find ways to remove rear grip and free up the chassis.

GP10/CR125
    S2 Semi-Pro Stock Moto - SKUSA Rocky Mountain ProKart Challenge

http://theslipangle.com/

Troy Berry
    Participant

Perhaps I should add a little more info on what I’m thinking to get any thoughts. We run the Bridgestone YHC. Typically at our track it’s about 13-15 psi. I am using DWT MAG LV.  My kid(driver) is 5′ and 125 lbs. Going to mount the seat as far forward as possible, bottom flat and even with the bottom of the frame rails. No crossbars. Rear ride height  set at max. up.  Rear axle is soft. Front set up neutral. Our track is 7/10’s of a mile., long straight, 2-3 sweepers and 2 tighter (slower) corners. Gearing will start around 15/57.  Thanks!

BirelArt AM29 LO206
    Intrepid Cruiser KA 100

Gary Lawson
    Participant

I’d say you are at a good starting point. I’d put the ride height centered to start and don’t be afraid to go s little lower on pressures for longer races. I’d also run a few millimeters negative camber and try taking some caster out as well.

Troy Berry
    Participant

Now that’s what I love about this sport. Getting solid advise from a major karting champion……priceless. Thanks Gary!

BirelArt AM29 LO206
    Intrepid Cruiser KA 100

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.