Home Forums Road Racing Laydown kart headrest

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ace Rossi
      Participant

where can I find a mount for my head rest? The seat (too large) that came with the kart has the mount glassed into the back side. Made it awfully heavy and i dont think I need help there. The actual head rest is good but was wondering if someone made a universal mount, maybe a clamp to the chassis type mount that can be purchased.

Thanks and I got my new tanks from Margay, and a deposit sent to Stallion for new full body and all is going smoothly, just not quick enough! :)

hopefully this will all work out in time

Ric mcDade
      Participant

Feel Free to text me a pic and I will help you. Ric- 417-496-0428

John Mulvihill
      Participant

Hi Ace,

Just a passing thought.

In regards to a headrest not mounted to the back of the seat:  Don’t make the headrest too solid, as that can be problematic in a rearward collision such as a backwards spin into a solid obstacle.  You need some give.

John

Ace Rossi
      Participant

After looking at my options I think I can come up with a solution by mounting the headrest directly to the underside/back of the seat similar to how the original seat is done but without the excessive fiberglass.

thanks for all the help

Greg Lindahl
      Participant

Ace.

I think I have one of the seats you’re referring to as well.

I cut all that stuff out and located the headrest in the tail bodywork.

You could drill large holes in the excess f’glass and lighten the seat as well.

Ace Rossi
      Participant

Greg the reason for swapping out the old seat is its too wide for me. The new rpm seat I bought doesn’t have a head rest but fits me nicely! Trying to see how everyone else adapts a headrest either to the seat, body, or chassis.

Pics would be helpful,  anyone?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.