Home Forums General Karting Discussion laptop buying question to use for mychron gps

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  patrick j slattery 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Jeff Myers
    Participant

just bought a mychron gps.i currently have a macbook so i need to get a windows laptop.what are the specs i need to run race studio.looking at a used acer aspire one with windows 7 starter… 4 gb and 500 gb harddrive.any help would be great.cheers

Bill Boxell
    Participant

From the Race Studio manual

Compatibility between Race Studio 2 and operative systems
    Race Studio 2 has been developed to guarantee the maximum working reliability and its correct working has been tested with the following operative systems: Microsoft Windows XP Microsoft Windows Vista and Microsoft Widows 7.

All operative systems (Linux, Unix, Macintosh®) not indicated in this tutorial are to be considered not supported by this application.
    For any problem it is suggested to check http://www.aim-sportline.com website to verify if any recent news has been issued and, if not, to contact the technical support that can be found in home page at http://www.aim-sportline.com.

I’m sure the Acer would work just fine.

James McMahon
    Participant

Why not just bootcamp the macbook?
    Otherwise the most basic laptop will work fine. I used a P1 233Mhz laptop for a long time running Windows 2000.

Jeff Myers
    Participant

thanks for the info guys!!! bought the acer downloaded race studio.ready to go.thanks again.cheers

Walt Gifford
    Participant

Will it work with Windows 8.1 ?

There’s a Toshiba at Walmart for $328.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Bill Boxell
    Participant

A friend of mine is running Race Studio and GPS Manager both on Windows 8. He hasn’t had any problems.

Scott Newton
    Participant

FWIW, I run Race Studio using Windows 8.1 on my bootcamp’d Macbook.  Zero issues at all

Stewart Willis
    Participant

2009 called and what its bootcamp back.  I run race studio on my Macbook Pro using VmWare.  Runs perfectly.  The only downside is that you cant format or update DataKeys using virtualization software..  At least I havent figured it out

patrick j slattery
    Participant

It works fine on windows 8, don’t know about 8.1

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.