Home Forums Road Racing KART/MARRS @ Lake Afton Sept. 12&13

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Linda Baldus 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Garnett’s in the books so it’s time to start thinking about the KART/MARRS’ 2nd race of the season @ Lake Afton.

Mike’s already started thinking about changes to his kart, so he will have plenty to work on between now and then.

See you all there.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Kelly Read
    Participant

Thanks MOM for posting this!!!!!

Be sure Mike goes over his kart REAL GOOD.  We have Lindsay’s in the big trailer ready to go for Afton!!!

As for the entry form and event schedule, it is on the KART web site (www.kart.org). Hope to see every one there for race 7 of 8 of the KART/MARRS/RUSSELL KARTING SPECIALTIES series events. It should be a GREAT event!!!

Christopher Ragan
    Participant

Hay! What’s going on?
    Hay, Man! You’re the man!
    HAY – it’s the beginning of hay season.

Kelly Read
      Participant

HAY  Chris!!!!

U b on the call list don’t U worry!!!!!!!!

Kelly Read
        Participant

3 karts done and ready to load!!!! And yes the BAD ASS ANIMAL is one of them!!!  Of course Lins will be driving!!

All that is left is to rebuild a couple of clutches for some people. I’m thinkn I may just have a SUPER labor day weekend………

Putn hay and fencing out the Wednesday and Thursday before. VOLUNTEERS???? Second thought no, I have Lindsay helping and I would hate to see her out work you all!!!!! LMAO.

Kelly Read
          Participant

Time has come!!!!!!!

Haybales & fencing tonite. Everything else to put this event on begins at 08:00 on Thursday and hopes to be completed by Friday late afternoon.

Everyone SAFE TRAVELS and we will see you this weekend!!!

THE MAN

Linda Baldus
    Participant

I understand the Boy Scouts will be serving spaghetti Saturday night @ the clubhouse.  If you don’t have plans, their food is always tasty and reasonable.  I know that’s where we will be eating.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Another KART/MARRS’ event @ Lake Afton is in the books.

Thanks again to Kelly and the Read Family, and everyone else that had a hand in making it a great success.

Talk about weather; it could not have been any better!

While numbers were a little down, there was still really great racing.

Hope to see everyone at NCM Oct. 23-25 when KART/MARRS is included with the WKA VEGA/TS RACING ROAD RACING SERIES’ event.  (Apple Pie.)

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Kelly Read
      Participant

As for the promoter of Afton, THANK U ALL who attended!!!! Yep the numbers were down a little from the spring event but we who were there this past weekend, had a blast!!!!

Those who know THE MAN, knows that he doesn’t do this for a living. This sport has been a major part of my life since I was just a kid in which I enjoy  very very much.  As long as the bills get paid and everyone has fun, it’s well worth all the work it takes to put this event on. Having a great family and friends behind me to help, I can’t ask for anything else.

Congrats to all the class winners. In several classes, those winners earned it as we had more side by side finishes then we have had in several years.

Thanks to ALL the drivers for racing hard and SAFE!!!!!

THE MAN

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Mylaps are posted:  http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1203180

Thanks to Maysha for that; she’s a good one.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.