Home Forums Chassis & Handling Kart Mini Chassis

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Alex Doman
      Participant

I’m getting back into karting after a long hiatus and am currently on the hunt for a kart package. I have my eye on a Kart Mini chassis but I’m slightly skeptical. I’ve never heard the Kart Mini name before and Information online seems to be sparse.

Does anyone have experience or opinions on these chassis? Is it likely I’ll have trouble finding replacement parts if needed?

Here’s a link to their site (all in Spanish).
      http://www.kartmini.com.br

Any advice is appreciated.

Bill Angel
      Participant

We raced Kart Mini karts several years ago and were satisfied with the chassis. My concern would be price and availability of replacement parts. Spindles, steering shafts, tie rods etc were way overpriced but if I remember correctly OTK components were close to being a direct replacement.

As far as I know there is no longer a distributor or dealers for them in the US.

Alex Doman
      Participant

Thanks for the reply. Is there any reason to believe this chassis wouldn’t be competitive with the more popular chassis in the US?

Bill Angel
      Participant

There are better chassis on the market now. With a good driver and proper setup you could compete on the local level. If you want to be up front or run nationals you should go another direction.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.