Home Forums Road Racing KART/MARRS @ Lake Afton May 5/6

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kelly Read 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Kelly Read
    Participant

THE MAN along with his family and friends who help put this event on hope to see many road racers attend this event May 5/6.. Entry form & schedule can be found on the KART web site (www.kart.org).

FYI,

Saturday night starting between 5:30-6:00 will be the 2017 KART/MARRS banquet hosted by our Boy scout troop 494. Banquet is FREE to those who want to attend. Meal will consist of BBQ brisket, pork, hot links, potato salad, cole slaw, baked beans, deserts, soft drinks and water. Be no alcohol served. Must bring your own!!

Any questions contact me at 316-218-3645

Linda Baldus
    Participant

Wow, what a gorgeous weekend. Anyone else suffering from too much sun like Mike & I? The weather God was definitely thinking of our KART MARRS group, and Kelly Read. After having to re-schedule our first event at Garnett because of the cold, we deserved a great one.

Thanks again to all of the Read bunch that do the hard work so we can go racing, and thanks to the Boy Scout Troop (494?) for our Awards presentation feed.

See everyone @ Garnett June 9 & 10.

Keep on kartin'. llb
    Raymore, MO
    lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Kelly Read
    Participant

Guess that’s why they call me THE MAN!! LOL

I got to THANK my family, friends and the TROOP 494 who help me put this event on as without them, it wouldn’t happen.

MKA wants to give out a BIG THANKS to all who attended. It was nice to see some new racers and families attend. I had the opportunity to talk to some of them and as they said, HAD A BLAST and will be attending more of KART/MARRS events.

What a super weekend of racing. Racing was awesome!!!! I’d say that 75% of the classes had great battles with multiple karts going for the win. Lindsay had a great battle in SPRINT TAG SR 1 on Saturday and ended up 2nd. She wasn’t so lucky on Sunday as the water pump quit on lap one and she pulled in. The great news is in what my son-n-law did in his first time out ever in a go kart!!! Looks like the family has another racer.

Hope to see the same racers and many more for our fall race September 8/9.

THE MAN

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.