Home Forums Road Racing KART MARRS @ Garnett June 7th & 8th

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Linda Baldus
      Participant

Looking forward to the next KART MARRS’ event for the 2014 season. See you all there.
      Cookout on Saturday night?

Keep on kartin'. llb
      Raymore, MO
      lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Bryan Norman
      Participant

Wow, we sure have a lot of buzz stirring up for Garnett race.

Maybe we will actually see a showing from some guy named showtime, Not sure I saw a siting at Afton, so hopefully this showtime guy will finally put on a show… lol

Looking forward to a great weekend at Lake Garnett & of course a round of golf Saturday evening!  See you all soon!

When it's raining I'm drinking!

Hoosier Tire Dealer

Kelly Read
        Participant

THE MAN is back!!!

Had to down load a different browser as Internet explorer wouldn’t allow me on.

Bryan,

Let’s hope “SHOWTIME” does a hell of a lot better at Garnett then he did at Afton!!!!  Shouldn’t have any excuses at Garnett as he is only running Piston Port both days (leaving reed jets at home). His kart is ready to load!!!  If he races like he performs on stage, look out competition. Maybe we can get his band to perform at one of the events????

Going to be a boring weekend without Lindsay though!!  She has a wedding out in western Kansas she is maid of honor for and won’t be able to make it to Garnett. Hopefully if we get my kart fixed, THE MAN will be back on track.

I did hear that the Garnett Inn & Suites were full (must be a wedding??). We ended up getting rooms in Ottawa.

See ya soon.

Kelly Read
          Participant

3 karts ready to load!!!  I have dusted off the helmet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Possibly a 4th if plans work out.

I know MT POCKETS RACING pits will be kind of quiet and won’t have the good looking “CHICK” with us but, come on by, we still have fun without her!!!!

THE MAN

Hans Bliss
      Participant

Looking forward for some KART MARRS shifter time!!!!

KART MARRS Shifter 125

Lindsay Read
      Participant

On any given day, nothing would generally come between me and a race track. Unfortunately with 5 weddings in one year, being in 3 (this one being the  Maid of Honor) I’ll be sitting Garnett out. I hope its a great weekend for everyone. Be safe and can’t wait for my phone to blow up with results! Good luck!

Kelly Read
        Participant

WE BE LOADED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news is, just going to be Brad & I!!! Lindsay at a wedding, Jim headed this morning to Omaha for storm adjusting. I stole Shannon ride so I could race as both my karts are loaned out.

FYI,

I will have some HPT DRAFT event schedules at this event and will be talking to racers to get their opinions. PLEASE be sure to see me through out the weekend. Would like to get that schedule finalized by July so I can get it out to ALL the racers and start getting class sponsors.

Kelly Read
          Participant

BIG THANKS to Ron Anderegg, his family and friends who helped put this event on!!!

MT POCKETS RACING had a very good time on and off the track!!! Won’t discuss the off track stuff but will say that we did find a nice quiet ESTABLISHMENT on Saturday night!!!!!

Congrats to my son Brad for winning both Piston Port classes. Him & Austin Henry battled the entire 45 minute race on Sunday with Brad beating Austin to the line by a kart length. What a great race between them. As for THE MAN, super weekend!!! I set a couple records!!!  1) Ran more laps this weekend then I have in 3 years TOTAL. 2) Took the checkered in Sundays race and and even finished 3rd. Had a heck of a race with Mike Baldus, Scott Schrimpf and Jackie Oaks. Being part of 4 karts side by side down the back straight was awesome. I can’t even guess how many times positions changed but  I can say that all of us were in different positions several times per lap.  Thanks guys for the great race, brings back great memories!!!

THE MAN

Linda Baldus
      Participant

Got reports on the two guys involved in accidents. One good, one not so good. Ted Hite just got back from the gym and isn’t using the crutches, so that’s the good. Matt Gorman has a broken rib after all so he will be mending for a while but will be @ MPH as support.

Keep on kartin'. llb
      Raymore, MO
      lindabaldus@hotmail.com

Christopher Ragan
      Participant

Matt says he feels a lot better. Always cooking out at most every race. Garnett was great!

Bill Schmidt
      Participant

Anyone have a link to the results?

Bryan Norman
      Participant

Here is the link for mylaps.

http://www.mylaps.com/en/events/1030765

When it's raining I'm drinking!

Hoosier Tire Dealer

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.