Working Hours: Thursday – Monday 9a-6p, with occasional nights and Tuesday and Wednesday work during major events or as business dictates
Development and management of Karting operations and facilities.
Primary Job Duties:
• Ensures that all on track activity adheres to Chapter 62 of the New Jersey State Police Department.
• Develops and recommends an annual budget and plan for the Karting.
• Makes decisions relative to the selection, promotion, utilization, retention, and compensation of Karting staff.
• Ensures staff is trained on track as well as off track.
• Develops employee training program and performance reviews for staff.
• Presents financials, event reviews, needs and requests at weekly staff meetings.
• Provides strong, effective and highly-visible leadership to Karting staff.
• Gives input on overall Karting marketing & sales strategy.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the Karting Schedule of Arrive and Drive, Special Events, Races, Mini GP, Corporate/Group Parties and Private Rentals. Schedule must maximize inventory of rental days to ensure the highest possible revenue in each revenue bucket.
• Ensures Karting personnel run all races/events safely, efficiently, and professionally while adhering to Chapter 62 of the New Jersey State Police Department.
• Ensures that all cash controls and cash handling procedures are followed and adhered to. Ensures all cash drops and tills meet the NJMP accounting guidelines.
• Oversees and assists the mechanic to ensure that all karts are maintained and are in peak operating condition
• Oversees and reports all parts inventories as well as the karting fuel inventory.
• Keeps abreast of all trends in the industry and distribute pertinent information.
• Works with the Inspira Rescue Squad on scheduling and reporting all transports to the NJSP monthly.
• Works with Grounds and Maintenance to maintain the highest standard of facility appearance.
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
HS Diploma + some college coursework, Associates Degree or higher a plus
Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in the Karting industry
Minimum of 2 years’ supervisory experience
Strong Computer Skills including Microsoft Office
Ability to bend, lift, squat, pull/push, and reach
Ability to lift 50 lbs. equipment or track setup
Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
Ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time
Ability to work outdoors
Ability to use/communicate with a hand held radio
Typical indoor office/classroom and outdoor track working environment with the typical indoor/outdoor temperature fluctuations
Working outdoors setting up and/or during events
May be exposed to extreme weather conditions such as heat, cold, wind, or rain
May be exposed to loud noise
Ability to work well with others including: co-workers, members, guests, and vendors
Regular and predicable attendance
Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally and in writing