Home Forums General Karting Discussion is Italkart a good kart?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Diego Zometa 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Diego Zometa
    Participant

Ive been doing some reasearch about this kart and ithas been so hard to find something clear or some good consumer reviews. Would you guys share some feedback or experiences about this nice-lookig kart?

Thanks

Im second!

David Cole
    Keymaster

First off, check your Private Messages.

It’s a great TaG kart, won at the SKUSA Pro Tour many times now. You are in the Texas area, and I’m not familiar if they have a dealer down there that can help you directly. I do know that Italian Motors/Italkart provide great service, however, if you are new to the sport I would suggest going with a brand that has local support.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Michael Bartholmew
    Participant

Diego if your in the texas area I recommend checking out intrepid kart. They are similar to italkarts. Checkout Champion Racing or Texas Karts both are dealers.

Diego Zometa
    Participant

I actually just bought one lol. 09″ shifter with 99spec honda. I just wanted to get reviews about it, bc I dont see a lot of people with those.

Im second!

Jim Derrig
    Participant

Great karts and well supported by Italian Motors (which basically is Italkart).  Definitely competitive with anything else out there.  You didn’t say whether you are looking to buy new or used.  My 2008 is still solid, rust free and straight as an arrow despite some, errrr, “interesting” driver errors that occasionally turn it into a lawn mower.  The only chassis part that has ever broken is a tab on one of the seat stays, which was fixed with a $60 welding job.

As for “local” support, the fact is that most kart chassis parts which you might actually break or need to replace (eg., axles, bearings, brake seals, side pods) are interchangeable and/or off-the shelf stuff.  And Italian Motors has free (!) shipping for web orders.

Engine parts are something else, but you can put any engine on an Italkart that you can put on, say, a CRG.  I’d be more worried that my engine had local support than that my chassis did.

Look at Fastech or IMUSA to investigate pricing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.