This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Mike Gerould 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jim Silverheels
    Participant

Still alive and doing well?

Brad Nyman
    Participant

Yes they are. Podiums and wins at every race we have finished in. Just had fast lap in Junior Tag at GearUp F-Series this past weekend with an end result of 3rd and a 2nd place in F125 (tag Heavy). Chassis is still great and the factory is still making improvements and working hard. there is no sign of slowing down thats for sure.

Force.One motorsports
    Gear up F-series racer

Mick Gabriel
    Participant

The kart is in development all the time and is turning heads everywhere we go, proving also versatile putting the chassis on the pole in Yamaha Sr at RoboPong in a huge field and a big purse. It is also maintaing it’s reputation in national TaG competition running up front everywhere we go. The chassis is still in it’s infantcy the best has yet to come.

Evan Fraser
    Participant

I saw one just last race at WCKC in Chilliwack, BC, Canada.  Sweet looking kart.  I especially like the adjustable seat mounting.  It’s also my favourite colour.  Black!

Evan Fraser

#43 - Formula K FK01 / Briggs LO206

West Coast Kart Club

randy ricklefs
    Participant

I saw one at a kart shop in orange cal, MDG karting (714) 928-5278 they are a dealer for them very trick looking karts my favorite part is how the bearing carriers mount,  they have been testing them with excellent results

Daniel White
    Participant

Has there been any criticism of the new kart? Is it good for larger drivers? (I ask because I think it has 28mm tubing.) Also, I’ve seen ikarts with TAG motors, but has anyone used it in Yamaha?

Sebastian Bacon
      Participant

“Also, I’ve seen ikarts with TAG motors, but has anyone used it in Yamaha?”

I’ve seen them used with a KPV/HPV (similar to Yamaha and run in the same class with Yamaha on the west coast). The Ikart seemed to work very well with the 100cc KPV power plant.

Walt Gifford
    Participant

They don’t seem to have a good web presents. I googled and went to a few dealer pages and didn’t find out much. Anybody got a link?

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Mike Gerould
    Participant

I’m running the CBX-RM2 with an X30 motor.  Not much is actually on the web about it, but I liked what I had read about it and bought one.  Everyone who has seen it has commented (positively) on the build quality and engineering.  The seat bracket system is probably the most obvious difference from other chassis in that the brackets allow for multiple positions without drilling additional holes.  Every time someone helps me put on or off a stand, they comment on how light the chassis feels.  In a ready to run state, the kart only weighs 180lbs allowing my 185lb self to run in the TaG seniors class with only 5 additional lbs of ballast.  I don’t have any experience in other chassis to compare it to, so it’s hard to say how the handling differs.

Both the iKart factory and Word Racing (the distributor I used) have been extremely helpful in supporting the product and answering questions I’ve had.

iKart Chassis

iKart TaG X30

If there is something specific you would like to see, I’ll be happy to snap a couple of pictures and post them.

Walt Gifford
      Participant

Snap a couple of pics of that seat mounting system.

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
      Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
      Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
      41 years karting experience

Brad Nyman
    Participant

Mick put the chassis on pole at robopong yamaha Senior and the chassis is completely compatible with any motor. The ikart with all its features can be set up very “free” which works well in low Hp classes as well as set up beautifully for Tag. We (Force.One Motorsports) have been using the chassis since last august and it has shown phenomenal pace in both tag senior and junior. We also have a customer using it in mini max with great success. I personally have been running in the GearUp F-series F125 class which is Leopard Heavy at 380lbs as well as tag senior. The chassis is fine with the weight. A little known fact is iKart has 2 frame Thicknesses. the Standard wall and “thick” tube which is a special order. I personally have been using the thick and it handles close the same as standard other than being slightly stiffer, but with the weight i have and being a higher center of gravity, it just plain works. iKarts with all the adjustment is one of the most versatile karts on the market right now.

Force.One motorsports
    Gear up F-series racer

Mike Gerould
    Participant

Well, turns out taking picture of my kart was easier said than done.  Between the engine mount on one side and the radiator on the other, most of the bracket system is hard to get a good line of sight on.  That said, this article has some good shots of the chassis:  http://www.on-rails.com/new-products-new-american-ikart-chassis/

They note it, but to elaborate because it’s hard to tell..  The two main brackets have 9 holes at the top for adjusting that position.  The two struts struts are attached on the frame side to a channel allowing them to be moved forward or back to match the upper bracket positions.  Underneath, you have a similar multi-hole bracket for mounting the seat to the frame.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.