Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing how do I start a yamaha kt100

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Omar Calixtro
      Participant

I have a yamaha kt100 and my kart is complete but I just don’t know how to start it. And I dont want to buy the starters that cost $200 +

Will McDonough
      Participant

Is the kart direct drive or clutch

Omar Calixtro
        Participant

The kart has a centrifugal clutch for now. I plan on replacing it later in the future.

Will McDonough
      Participant

Then yes you will need a starter to start it but some people had had luck with electric impacts to start them

Omar Calixtro
      Participant

Electric impact?  Would it be cheaper to just buy a new direct drive clutch?

TJ Koyen

You need to buy an external starter. Buy a good one and it’ll last you your karting career.

Driver/Coach/Wrench : Innovative Performance/Exprit
      Owner : Oktane Visual - www.oktanevisual.com
      www.facebook.com/oktanevisual
      www.instagram.com/oktanevisual

Peter Zambos
      Participant

A “direct drive clutch,” Omar? If it has a clutch, it’s not direct drive.

Omar Calixtro
      Participant

Ok it’s just that I am new to karting.

FREDDY SANDOVAL
      Participant

Listen to people’s advice here. It will be very beneficial to you

I honestly agree with buying a brand new starter, or a good used one. You will be very thankful in the long run

Not to mention Trying to set up your kart to direct drive will take you to a whole new level of steep learning experience, and may be too difficult for you to adjust, especially if you’re new.

$200.00 bucks is not too bad at all. You may be able to find an old one on ebay, and just install a new battery from the lawn and garden at walmart for less than that.

Rob Ocasio
      Participant

Keep a close eye out for local karting swap meets. I recently purchased a Coleman Mini starter for $15 without the hex bit and battery. A new battery and a new hex bit and I am in my starter for less then $75.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.