Home Forums General Karting Discussion Help Newbie: 9 yr old wants to try SCCA JB, best chassis for WF motor?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Daniel Stone 4 years ago.

• Author

Daniel Stone
    Participant

9 year old grandson wants to give SCCA JB class a try. Which chassis is recommended for the World Formula Motor. 8 year old granddaughter may also want to give it a try. They would share the kart. Mfg? Model? Size? Thanks in advance.

bruce kapanke
    Participant

You might look at a cadet chassis or maybe a 28mm frame, but more important is looking around and see how people in your area are set up. The karters are a pretty good bunch to get info out of and that will save you lots of time.  Where are you located?  You are more than welcome to come see my daughter’s(10y/o) set-up.

Daniel Stone
      Participant

Bruce: Thanks. I live near Indianapolis, IN.

Brian Mead
    Participant

Been to Comet yet?  Just east of Indy on 40, just outside Greenfield.  Been at it forever, great group, karts, motors, parts, help and advice.  Anyone there knows karts front to back.  Can probably look at the grandkids and tell you what size you need.  They all have won about a billion kart races, and helped just as many.

Daniel Stone
    Participant

Good suggestion. I used to do business with them 40 years ago.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.