Home Forums General Karting Discussion help identifying kart??

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

hey guys

I may have just bought this kart from comet, who stated it was an 32mm wildkart with my07 leopard on it.

I emailed wildkart.it and provided a serial No., which returned with them telling me it isn’t their kart!!!

can anyone help identify the kart chassis, as if I do end up getting stuck with it then I’d like to be able to find parts and such

thanks

~shayan

Andrew Coulter
      Participant

Do you have any pictures of the other side? It looks very similar to a wild kart. Possibly an 07ish WildKart Fighter II model?

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

yeah i do!

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/chiboy002/1.jpg

http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy234/chiboy002/Wildkart_4.jpg

http://www.cometkartsales.com/store/chassis/usedkart-photo/wildkartleopard.jpg

the only reason i don’t think it looks like any of the wildkarts is cause if you notice the frame bar that runs diagonal behind the seat, the two bars that are horizontal near that diagonal bar are far closer than any of the wildkart bars in that same location

Matt Dixon
      Participant

Ital?

94y

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

the closest i got to identifying it, which im still not 100% sure about but have emailed them, is it being an SQ Racing chassis.

SQ makes two, either Las Vegas or Evolution, it looks strikingly similar to both, which the company is apparently known to knock-off various brands according to kartbook.net

i can’t find any photos of the bottom side of italkarts however!

Bob Baldwin
      Blocked

Shayan : It is a pain to start getting old lol . Is there any chance that that kart was re-painted ?

Any Chips ,Scratches etc; that might make you think it was something else ?

I am probably way of but I was Guessing a “TRULI ” kart

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

To be honest Bob, the frame looks like its original colour. Currently, it isn’t in my possession, as Comet last notified me of them preparing it for shipment, but i did study the pictures as if I were trying to identify a fake Da Vinci painting.

The scrapes, what few that are there, seem to fade from bare silver to red, with no colour changes between. Even inside the tubes appear to be the same red as the entire chassis.

The only reason that maybe comet thought it was a wildkart, which seems like a very novice mistake, is that the water pump clamp is a wildkart part… however, the frame design seems to match none of the wildkart lines and to top that, as stated before, a wildkart employee told me that is not their serial number

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

ok, well apparently it is confirmed an SQ chassis by kartingdirect.au, which according to the aforementioned kartbook posting, are known to be absolute rubbish!

can anyone provide anymore information on SQ chassis? At the price, $3000, would this be considered a terrible buy? on the upside it comes with a mychron 4 basic and a “2 hours since new” comet iame my07 leopard.

Bob Baldwin
      Blocked

I would say pretty much so . Is it too late to change the deal ? Obviously you were NOT sold a Wildkart . Put a piece of plexi-glass over it and use it for a coffee table . Remember two important words  “DUE DELIGENCE “

Nick Bagley
      Participant

I wouldn’t consider it a terrible buy but I would be inclined to think you can get a better deal on a kart that may have more support from a local vendor or a chassis that may be more common. FWIW, I bought my Swiss about a 1 1/2 years ago with the same engine package for the same price. It came with a kart stand and almost double of every spare for the engine, brakes and chassis components. I think you could do better…

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

very well! the SQ racing employee that emailed me back says “its a good kart”

i wouldn’t doubt he is obligated to say that on a company email but, is there any of them running anywhere?

All my info on these things are old and outdated, but I wouldn’t mind taking it as a learner kart to trash if the price is right

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

also, Bob, as far as too late to change the deal? I wouldn’t say so, I mean I have paid for the kart but I haven’t been informed of it being ready to ship/given a price quote for shipping.  That leaves me to believe that it is still sitting at comet waiting to be packaged and a call be made to me before they ship it out

I’d like to say thank you to everyone who helped thus far, Andrew, Bob, Matt, and Nick

Bob Baldwin
      Blocked

Shayan : What are you going to do if you need chassis parts , Brakes ,Pads ETC; ?

Are any parts on the kart INTERCHANGEABLE with other Kart Manufactures ?

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

comet called me and the plot thickens! im sticking with my idea of it being a SQ kart, which leaves me in the dark as far as support goes, because from the looks of it SQ racing developed their own stuff/probably won’t be interchangeable.

but they have told me the previous owner said he “identified it” as a goldkart by RR, which would mean parts are plentiful. However, it looks nothing like that.

I’ll probably be going ahead and not purchasing the kart, for it coming with a “near new” leopard doesn’t do me any good if the kart is going to be rubbish around the track.

James McMahon
      Participant

I think I spoke to you at rock island (I was wearing the Wildkart\GPI Racing shirt).
      $3000 seems a lot for a kart that’s unidentifiable. Doesn’t strike me as a Wildkart at all other than the pedals!

-Frame doesnt look like any Wildkart that I’m familiar with.
      -Caster pills look more like the italkart or SKM variety rather than anything WK.

Does it have a CIK\FIA homologation stamped on it anywhere? Given the apparent lack of that, I’m inclined to think possibly an SQ as well…

Nothing wrong with SQ by themselves, they are meant to be a budget kart. Don’t think I’d be parting with $3000 for it.

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

hey James, yeah if you are the one I talked to under the tent by starting grid then yup!

No CIK/FIA anything, the only numbers on the frame that I was told of were the serial no. SQ says its an 07-08 year chassis

James McMahon
      Participant

Yep that was me…. If the motor is verifiable as Comet built and maintained I’d go for that maybe, but I’d pass on the chassis unless it was uuber cheap. Like $500.

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

Comet tells me their motor is theirs, but at this point I’m taking everything Comet says with a grain of salt, however they are trying as hard as I to sort this out.

I’ll take the rest up with Comet regarding this, I’ve called a few shops already and none seem to know anything about SQ which means support is going to me minuscule, if there is any.

Thanks everyone again!!

Kyle Kraus
      Participant

SQ karts were brought into North America by 3S Go-Karts in Canada. It came complete with a knock off version of a Iame Leopard. Retail cost for the kart when in came out complete was around $3300.00.

If you have any questions try calling 3-S and see if they can help.

Andrew Coulter
      Participant

Shayan,

Just throwing this out there. If you are up by Chicago you might want to give Viking Kart Products or LAD specialties a call and see what they have. Both are owned by great guys and have been around for a long time. Just thinking they might be more local to you as I’m guessing Norway would be your home track?

Sean Ranchbari
      Participant

I’ll either be going to Norway or Dousman, only cause I hear Norway’s TaG classes are very small

VKP had no idea of SQ and didnt have any TaG packages other than Rotax, but I don’t want to get a Rotax just yet

Ill call LAD, as well as Franklin.

Thanks for that information Kyle, I’ll for sure give them a call tomorrow

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.