Home Forums TaG Help Identify Engine

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Clark Gaynor Sr. 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Todd Kageals
    Participant

Guys,

I went to buy a shifter kart the other day, just so that I could have some fun on the track while my son is practicing in his LO206.  The very nice gentleman gave me another kart for free.  He identified it as a 125 TaG.  The only pictures that are similar that I can find are of an IAME100 TaG.  Can you check out this video and see what engine this might be?

https://youtu.be/BO_LLE4bDIs

Any information you can tell about it would be greatly appreciated.  I’m trying to decide what to do with it.  Supposedly it runs.

Thanks,

Todd

Steven Novikoff
    Participant

Looks like it’s an “EasyKart.  They were a completely spec kart with an air cooled motor by Iame.  The frame was made by Birel I believe.

Todd Kageals
    Participant

Yeah….I know it’s an “EasyKart”, I was asking about the engine.  I don’t even know what it’s called so that I could get parts for it.  Not sure of the displacement, etc.

Steven Novikoff
    Participant

It’s made by Iame.  It’s a most likely a 100cc motor.  They did make a 125cc and smaller ones for the kids as well.  It was probably one of the first air cooled motors with an electric starter.  Does that help?

Todd Kageals
    Participant

Steven,

I’m grateful for your response, but no, that’s not really helpful :)  I know it has an electric starter and that it’s made by IAME.  I was hoping someone could identify whether or not it’s a 125cc.  I also need a model for the engine as I would like to do the top end.

Thanks,

Todd

Clark Gaynor Sr.
    Participant

Hey Todd.  Pull the head and measure the bore, same with stroke.  A cheaper vernier should work fine.  You’re an educator so the math is pretty straight forward.

Get a hold of one of the Tag engine folks and describe what you’ve got.  I’m sure one of them can get you started.  I’d try Paul Kennedy in Alexandria.  703-780-3224  Obviously don’t forget to through a carb kit in it too.  All the carb info should be right on it.  Having the carb bore size and number might help ID it.

Good luck.

Clark Sr.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.