Home Forums General Karting Discussion Has anyone been to this place in Kentucky

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  john crow 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

David Cole
    Keymaster

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Bob Spedding
    Participant

Where in Kentucky is this?? Never seen it. Is there a track name?

David Cole
    Keymaster

Home

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Walt Gifford
    Participant

My god it’s all intestines.

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Charles Skowron
    Participant

I saw this track listed on an article titled “Top 10 Go-Kart Tracks in the World”, or something like that (which, incidentally, listed many concession kart tracks, and did NOT include circuits like New Castle, so I rendered the article as clueless and devoid of any credit).

Despite its complexity at first glance, this seems like one of the most boring kart circuits you can race on. If you look very closely, it often has the same pattern of turns repeated endlessly with minor variation: Right Hairpin-Left Hairpin- 90 Degree Turn… Left Hairpin-Right Hairpin-90 Degree Turn…90 Degree-90 Degree-Right Hairpin. And since the track layout frequently overlaps on itself, I can imagine getting lost very quickly on just where you actually are.

Maybe it’d make a good testing/shakedown circuit . But I don’t think I could finish a lap here without dropping out from apathy

—————————

C. Skowron #15

john crow
    Participant

It’s been around for a while one of our favorite stops when I worked in the IRL. When we would do testing in Nashville we had to drive down from Indy and stopped there every time.  Had some classic battles/crashes there lol. One time I got spun out and was way behind the group so I just drove across the grass for  about 15 seconds and cut the track and merged in first place haha there were soooo pissed .

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.