Home Forums Road Racing Grattan Pre Entry

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Gene Davis
      Participant

Pre entries for the AKRA Grattan National hosted by the Dart Kart Club open Monday April 6, 2015.

Go to http://www.dartkartclub.com to obtain your pre entry form.

Thanks.

Gene

Gene Davis
      Participant

Just a reminder that the early pre entry fees end Monday April 20th. Fees go up $10 after that date. Entry forms can be found at http://www.dartkartclub.com

Thanks

Gene

Eric Stockford
      Participant

hello Gene,

What is the address to send in my entry?

I don’t see it on the form, the only one listed on the website is for memberships.

Eric

Gene Davis
      Participant

1116 Bowers Road
      Mansfield Ohio 44903

Sean S
      Participant

Does AKRA have any new rules for brake systems on TAG’s?

Tony Kart / Leopard

Gene Davis
        Participant

You can run either 4 wheel brakes or just rear brakes.

Gene

Gene Davis
      Participant

Reminder-

Pre entry deadline is one week from today, May 6. Mail pre entries to Gene Davis, 1116 Bowers Road, Mansfield, Ohio 44903 or e mail to clgedavis@aol.com. If you did not receive an entry form in the mail you can get one at http://www.dartkartclub.com. You do not need to be a DKC member to race the event.

Friday evening after practice AKRA will hold a short meeting to discuss plans for 2016. Time and location will be announced during the day at Grattan.

Thanks.

Gene

Sean S
      Participant

Will the event run if it rain is in the forecast? Just wondering if I should bring wets or not (limited space).

Tony Kart / Leopard

David Cole
      Keymaster

It’s raining right now 10 minutes west of the track (home). There is nothing in the rules about rain racing, so I would call someone from DKC who is already at the track right now.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Jeremy Baldi
      Participant

Back from Grattan and once again DKC put on a great event and the AKRA folks were there doing their part as well. There was some weather to deal with but the DKC/AKRA folks did a great job of getting everyone lots of track time and full races for everyone. They extended practice late on Friday and even opened the track for extra practice on Sat after the races, which was awesome.

Had a good weekend. Set new personal best time and after a disappointing Sat race (mechanical issues) gave Brain a good battle for the lead in Sundays f-125 race. Awesome time.

I’ll let them go into further details but the AKRA team also mentioned they are already working on their 2016 schedule with expanded events. This was a great event and EVERYONE should try everything they can to get to the next series race at Mid Ohio because I know it will be another great event.

Jeremy Baldi

Robert Lawson
      Participant

Was the race monitor running?????

Was looking for some CIK shifter results….checking on the engine work we did for LAR this winter!!!

Sean S
      Participant

Robert: LAR’s karts never ran! Johnny never showed up and Larry was helping pit for Wayne.

Event: This was the first time running with DKC and it was great! Everything ran perfect and I didn’t notice any hiccups. The only tiny issue was that most people (or at least Bob, Wayne, Larry and I) in the lower pits were unable to hear any updates over the speakers for race time changes due to incoming weather. As Jeremy already said above, combining classes on Saturday made room for an hour of open practice, which was great. That lead into Bob’s Race Clinic and his little tip shaved off 1 sec + for me. The track dried very quick Sat/Sun mornings and no one ran in the rain. Now on to Belding/Grattan weather…

Grattan weather man:        Forecast  vs.  What really happens
      70% of rain/thunderstorms = No ran
      0% chance of rain/cool night = torrential downpour

Sleeping in a new 5×6 “waterproof  for up to 2 minutes” tent at the race track was actually pretty fun :) (Moved tent under our race canopy so we were good)

Thanks again DKC/AKRA for the great event. See you all at Mid-Ohio.

Tony Kart / Leopard

Jeremy Baldi
      Participant

Looks like maplaps are up for the event.

Jeremy Baldi

Robert Lawson
      Participant

Link?

Bruce Peck
      Participant
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.