Home Forums 2-Cycle Racing gps on mychron 4 – help?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Brian Spek
      Participant

I have 3 mychron 4’s with GPS and all work fine.  I pulled a GPS unit off and put it on a friend’s kart, and went into the mychron and changed it from optical/beacon, to GPS.  Then we went to the start/finish line, and held the “on” key until it was ready to set up the GPS location.  It had good signal and 10 satellites.  It looked like it was all set.  What else did I miss?  The GPS would display MPH while driving, but would not record lap times.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks.  Brian

tony zambos
      Participant

Brian,
      Guessing, since I’m no pro at GPS units, but maybe the release of microcode in your friends Mychron is out of date or different from yours.
      When your friend downloaded his session with the GPS unit, did it have one lap time for the entire session or was there zero time for the whole session. If there was a total session time, that can be broken down into lap times. This link to the AMI Insert Lap Video might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTc-FumI2kQ

LAD Specialties customer / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Brian Spek
      Participant

Thanks, it worked.  Now just have to figure out why the lap times don’t show on the screen.

tony zambos
      Participant

Brian,
      Check out section 4.4-GPS LAP TIMER of the GPS05 user manual. It reads “to get lap and split times w/o a beacon, all that’s needed is a firmware version of 31.57.06 or later.”

LAD Specialties customer / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.