Home Forums General Karting Discussion Go Kart track simulators

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      patrick j slattery
      Participant

Are there any simulators that use actual kart tracks to practice on?

David Cole
      Keymaster

Kart Racing Pro and rFactor have karting. I did rFactor back before my kid was born (2007) with Nick Johnston and a bunch of others. It was fun and it was just good to do when there was nothing else going on. Too busy now, and I haven’t tried the new rFactor2.

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Xander Clements
      Participant

Kart Racing Pro has made a lot of advancements. I currently compete in a league along with a lot of other older Junior racers and younger Senior racers on it at some tracks we personally design. So far, we’ve revived Moran Raceway Park, are currently working on GoPro Motorplex, and also have Dallas, Sonoma, and a few others. We also are planning on putting together good versions of MRP, Beaverun, and Kershaw. Daytona and Charlotte are also possibly in the works.

The game itself is about $36, and there is a community of modders with extra motor addons, such as the Rotax, Leopard, and X30, which are extras from the game-based KF and KZ engines.

Here is a link to the video of our latest race at Moran, with my commentary on it. I’m no Rob Howden or Tony LaPorta, but I hope I’m not too boring. A couple of the names you may recognize as nearly everyone in the series also race karts nationally in the US, such as Brenden Baker from NASH Motorsportz, and Braden Eves from J3 Competition, among others.

Ian Bushey
      Participant

I’ve raced Game Stock car karts ,every rfactor kart, the rfactor 2 karts, and the Assetto Corsa Modded karts and nothing compares to Kart Racing Pro. The physics in comparison to the big name sims is light years ahead in realism. Of course what you lose with KRP is a bit of Game stability and its a lot more laggy then rfactor 2 or Assetto Corsa.  But have no fear the game is in constant development. Another truly awesome thing is the karts actually look like the karts we drive in real life.

I’ve raced with Xander and his league for about 4 years now (137 in the above video) and I’ve loved every second of it. If you buy the game be sure to look at their website: http://skwcracing.wix.com/home

Ted Hamilton
      Participant

Wouldn’t be too hard to build a MDF box to hold a kart chassis hooked to a force feedback wheel and a big LCD screen and trailer it to WKA’s events so spectators could “experience karting” with little insurance risk. ;)

www.facebook.com/hamiltonhelmets/
      2014 Praga Dragon / IAME KA-100

Ian Bushey
      Participant

There are actually a few people on the forum for the game that have done just that.

It works!!!

A post shared by SJMotorsport Kart Team (@sjmotorsport) on

Ted Hamilton
      Participant

^^ Still more fun than a Rotax….lol  If I did this, I’d have my suit and helmet on, with a heater blowing on my right side…and my wife wouldn’t be able to get me out of the basement.  Thanks for posting the pics.

www.facebook.com/hamiltonhelmets/
      2014 Praga Dragon / IAME KA-100

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.