Home Forums Tech Talk Fuel Sources

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Chris Reinhardt 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Eric Penaranda
    Participant

So I tried to purchase fuel yesterday at my local track and it seems they are not selling parts for the foreseeable future. Unfortunately there are no other dealers in town leaving me to consider Sunoco 100 octane as my best local option. I know pump gas is heavily frowned upon but since I was running VP MS98 on my ’08 Leopard I figured it may be worth checking into.

There is no doubt a loss in consistency by running pump in lieu of VP but I am curious, has anyone else heard of or know if this is a wise substitute?

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated and if there is a source in Orlando that sells VP by all means let me know.

Thanks

tony zambos
    Participant

Contact your area VP distributer. There might be shipments of VP fuel being delivered near you and you could have your fuel added to the shipment. Otherwise, it’s a six hour round trip for you. Or, if you can find people who also are interested in VP fuel, get together and purchase something larger than a 5 gallon pail.

VP-Southeast
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    Phone: 954-565-7670
    Fax: 954-565-7696
    sales@vpsoutheast.com

LAD Specialties customer / tony kart / rotax / kt100

Walt Gifford
    Participant

We ran Sunoco 100 in Yamaha pipe all the time no problem.

Gif

FAA certified jet engine and aircraft technician,
    Nicholson Speedway class champion 2001,
    Yamaha KT100 Service Center,
    41 years karting experience

Chris Reinhardt
    Participant

Aviation fuel is another option….

CR

Chris Reinhardt

CR2 Motorsports

http://www.cr2motorsports.webs.com/

XV Racing Products

http://www.xvengineering.com/

­­

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.