Home Forums Classifieds Classifieds – Kart Packages FS: 2009 Birel 30/32 Chassis with fresh Rotax, Comer kid kart

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Donnie Barnes
      Participant

Up for sale is my 2009 Birel 30/32 chassis with fully fresh Rotax power:

Birel

This chassis is clean and very low hours.  I bought it as a complete package from Brian Smith at CMP.  They are a Rotax dealer and freshened this motor.  It’s sealed with logbook (or passport or whatever they call it) and needs just a little bit more break-in time and it’s ready to go.  Kart has a full Aim Mychron4 and a few spares (chain, set of jets, etc).  It’s got a set of used Mojo tires on it right now that I know nothing about, so assume it needs tires to go racing.  These hold air and aren’t corded, so they have some testing life in them, anyway.

As far as I know it’s currently legal and ready to race.  More pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32643830@N04/sets/72157635246483006/

Asking $6,000 *with* the winch powered KartLift shown in the last picture.  If you’ve never used one of these, it’s like *magic*.  Makes racing by yourself possible…otherwise you need another set of hands to lift the kart on and off a stand.

Also for sale is a small kid kart.  I don’t know much about these.  I bought this one used a few years ago from a guy near Charlotte who had kids who had outgrown it.  It’s gotten used maybe two more hours total here and now my kids have outgrown it.  Always used on pavement and never in the wet since I got it, and always stored in a climate controlled garage.

Comer

I’d guess this is going to be good for most kids from age about five to about eight, depending on size somewhat.  It’s a quality little chassis, and has always started fine.  It’s a two stroke, and is plenty fast enough for early aged kids, but definitely not so fast it should scare them off.  I’ll include a tiny jacket and a couple tiny full face helmets with it.  Asking $1000.  Legal for FJC autocross and I’m sure for road racing, but don’t know classing details there.

The kid kart also comes with the second set of pedals and tie-rods for the other pedal position to be used.  Also a couple spare spark plugs.  Tires are crap and would be fine for teaching the kid to drive it, but would need something else come race time.

More pics of the kid kart:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32643830@N04/sets/72157635240454703/

Both karts are located just outside Chapel Hill, NC.   Can do a package deal on both.  Yes, you can come and test the kid kart if you’re close enough to (we have a small asphalt track here), but please just long enough to test it for fit and see that it runs.  I’ll fire up the TaG if interested, but I am NOT offering test rides on it.  No way, no how.

I’m racing in the rental kart enduro at GoPro Motorplex on Sept 14, so I could bring either (or both) karts there, too.  Well, if they aren’t sold by then I’ll have them there on display with for sale signs on them anyway, I guess.  I am willing to ship if necessary.  Can also deliver anywhere between NC and Detroit around Sept 12.

Email djb@donniebarnes.com if interested.

–Donnie

Donnie Barnes
      Participant

Price reduced!  $5500 for the Birel with the powered Kartlift stand.  $850 for the kid kart.

–Donnie

Donnie Barnes
      Participant

Price reduced again.  $5000 for the Birel and lift.  $4500 without the lift.  $750 for the kid kart.

–Donnie

Donnie Barnes
      Participant

Reducing again.  $4000 for the Birel.  $500 for the lift.  $650 for the kid kart.

–Donnie

Jamie Orbon
      Participant

Hey Donnie,

do you still have the Birel and stand?

Donnie Barnes
      Participant

Yes.  Email me at djb@donniebarnes.com if interested.

–Donnie

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.