Home Forums Shifter Karts Forums Dying?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  MikeGoebel 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author

Rob Hogenmiller
    Participant

I used to be able to post a question and get a response within a few minutes on EKartingnews.com it looks like Facebook is trying to take over that role. It was great being able to get that much help in the past and now that working my way back into racing looks like as a manager and possibly competitor and no tracks around I’m really not sure where I should be going for help. Thanks to Gary Osterholt, Rob Howden, and Mark Billings for being around to talk to keep me encouraged. Also thanks to Rob Holubar and Chad Arndt as well. Any how where is the go to place to ask questions these days? I see last post are almost a month ago here.

Mark Dismore Jr.
    Participant

I think all forums are dying thanks to Facebook and from what I can tell that’s a bad thing for karting. I don’t think it helped that EKN switched their forum to different software about the same time as the rise of Facebook. A lot of the old posters never joined the new forum and the new forum wasn’t near as user friendly for a long time. Not to mention the “EKN Classic” forum had a ton of great threads that we effectively lost and dormant. There was a lot of knowledge on there that was no longer available on the new forums.

Jeff Metter
      Participant

“Ain’t that the truth Mark” , I Agree 100% !!

David Cole
    Keymaster

All the old forum information can be found here: http://eknclassic.com/forum.php

David Cole - EKN Managing Editor

Brian Wilhelm
    Participant

Personally, the new format for ekn killed it for me. I tried to like it, but in the end, it’s a pain.

It is nice we can still get to ekn Classic, but I’d sure like to turn the clock back on this one.

Debbie Kuntze
    Participant

I will say the daily log-in is getting really old on this new one lately. I have clicked remember me repeatedly!

David Cole
    Keymaster

Debbie, we are still repairing things that were hit by our server issues and other assorted issues that came up. Please be patient. Thanks.

Debbie Kuntze
    Participant

Just discovered that even though it says log in-if previously done-don’t have to :)

David Cole
    Keymaster

You may have the wrong bookmark. Make sure you have https://ekartingnews.com as the URL

MikeGoebel
    Participant

EKN is DEAD!

Mike G.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.