Home Forums Road Racing Fixed seat

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Randy McKee 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Ace Rossi
    Participant

the seat that came in the kart was a little too narrow for my old  skinny body so I widened it in the middle, sanded it smooth and gave it a shot of flat black rattle can. Still not happy with the results, and being slightly old school, I had my better half sew me up a upholstered cushion. For being the first attempt I think she did a pretty good job. She sewed 2″ wide Velcro strips on the underside that attach to the Velcro that is stuck on the seat!

I know a lot of you guys don’t use a seat but my old body is saying comfort over aero!

Opinions…

Randy McKee
    Participant

Nice recliner, but where’s the thingy to hold the beer and remotes?

Randy McKee
    Participant

Ace, on a more serious note… if the padding is very thick (and comfy) you may find it changes the handling.  In essence, you’ll be sitting higher and slightly more forward.  It’s a common rain-racing trick to add towels to the bottom of the seat to raise the center of gravity; your recliner may achieve a similar outcome.  Test it and see…

Just curious: if you’re existing seat was already too skinny, how are you going to fit in there with the added padding?

Ace Rossi
    Participant

Randy the cushion Waze very very little because it’s very very thin quarter-inch maybe and don’t think with me it’s going to be a big deal and handling and regarding the seat being too skinny I actually cut it down the middle and widened it.  It fit good before the cushion but even fits better now with the cushion.

I don’t think it really matters what I do regarding right or wrong because I’m getting very limited help from a select few racers and everybody seems to be doing things the way they want to do them so I figured I would just join in and do what I think is best for me and hopefully one day I’ll have fun with this beast. If not picture is been a blast working on it!

Randy McKee
    Participant

Hey, there’s no right or wrong…. if you like to innovate and are having fun, that’s what counts.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.