Home Forums TaG Rotax Max EVO Pulse line to RAVE Solenoid: Which one is it???

• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Eric Alexander
      Participant

So I’ve seen conflicting information about where the pulse line attaches to the electronic solenoid operating the E-RAVE valve.  Most info prior to the latest upgrade show the pulse line connecting the the top nipple (the plastic one).  The update diagram shows the pulse line connecting to the metal nipple (the bottom one behind the harness connector).

So which one is it??

I tried both and I had much better low-end power when hooked to the metal nipple.  Between the two, that “felt” in the seat of the pants like the correct one.  But I don’t know whats going on inside the E-RAVE control module.

Eric Alexander
      Participant

Eric Alexander
      Participant

So I located the above graphic that appears to be the most recent.  It clearly shows the E-RAVE pulse line connects to the lower (metal) nipple now (which is completely opposite from every official EVO launch video and diagram).  Anyways, the lower connection is the one I’m sticking with until I hear or see otherwise.

Nigel Baines
      Participant

Eric,

There was a change to the operation of the EVO Power Valve. Originally it worked on Vacuum, but Rotax ‘upgraded’ it later to work on pressure. They supplied an upgrade kit to change this which included a ‘T’ connector instead of a ‘Y’ connector for below the fuel pump, a rubber isolator to mount the solenoid, a new green spring (to go between the Bellows and the Power Valve cap) and some black tubing. The diagram you have above shows the upgraded option.  If you had the original Vacuum set-up you will also need to remove a spring that is inside the bellows, alter your plumbing as per the above diagram and turn the green plastic one way valve around.

Hope this helps,

Nige

Eric Alexander
      Participant

Yes, that’s how I’m running currently and the motors are running very well.  What you’ve explained here re: vacuum/pressure makes sense.  Rotax would do well to explain things like that in the upgrade kit.  When I run into conflicting diagrams without any detailed explanation, its hard to know which one to follow and why.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am just going through this recall item also. I am wondering about the T-Fitting 660 550. It is extremely small relative to the gas lines. Is that the same experience others have? Do you just tie rap tightly? Also does it matter what side the rubber buffer goes on relative to the magnet valve?

I hope this solves my low end power issues.

Roman
      Participant

There are different fuel lines. If you use freeline for example, it will sit pretty tight on the T-connector.

Just follow this, pressure-based and put a long spring on the outside:

http://gorotax.com/documents/2015/07/bulletin-2015-7-modified-regulations-2015-united-states-rotax-max-technical-regulations-exhaust-valve.pdf

Anonymous
      Inactive

Roman, thanks for the response and info. It still makes no sense to me the t-connector is smaller than the gas and engine connections and the on to the green connector.

Andy Seesemann
      Participant

Trace,

I apologize that it took me a day longer than normal to respond to your email. I came home sick from the World Finals and needed a few days rest.

Did you not receive my response on Friday?

BTW, thanks for responding, Roman. Your response is correct. Many of the fuel hose sold in the US is 1/4″ or larger, while the European fuel hose is 6mm. Fuel hose from Rotax, Freeline, OTK, etc all fits the T-fitting tighter.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Seesemann
      Orange, CA.
      Full Throttle Karting
      www.fullthrottlekartingshop.com
      Challenge of the Americas
      www.challengekarting.com
      Rok Cup USA
      WKA District 10 Trustee

Anonymous
      Inactive

Andy,

Thanks for your response and yes I did get your email Friday. I was a bit anxious to get the info needed to complete my upgrade so my apologies for the negative comment above.  I look forward to testing out the change this Wednesday. Hope you did well in the Finals and feel better.

Trace

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.