Home Forums TaG Rotax Max evo battery mount

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Steve piggott 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Steve piggott
    Participant

my arrow cadet has no room to mount new battery box on drivers side left. Brake caliper is located there, we mount old style on the cross bar behind seat. Is it possible to disassemble new box and put in old location and rewire new starter button to front fairing?

Scottie Melancon
    Participant

Did you mean to say “Master Cylinder”? Can’t imagine how the brake calipers would be that far north of the rear. I own an adult Arrow, but the master cylinder is located in the typical position.  Not sure why DPE locates it that far back to start with on cadet? Have you considered relocating the master cylinder forward? You’d probably need longer brake lines and a mounting surface though?

Chris Fraser
    Participant

I have an arrow kart and hardly have room for it with the old style mount, so I’ll probably have an issue with the evo as well.  I was thinking of trying an offset mount, kinda like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Go-Kart-Battery-Holder-Bracket-Assembly-Chassis-Mounted-Rotax-Max-125-/310419104803

Steve piggott
    Participant

i mounted mine behind seat, pulled out the starter button extended wires and put started button on front fairing.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.